What would life without money be like?

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
i agree with you, but doesn't someone have to pay for all those abandoned buildings we've lived in? those free clothes... same. nothing is EVER free, whether it takes labor to earn or pieces of paper, someone, somewhere had to pay for it.

and you're absolutely right about him fine-tuning his method. after 9 yrs in a cave like that, i'd have built it into a fucking palace!

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

Nelco

Reaction score
when i'm not in a rush..i'm coming back to rant on this thread
can't wait to read what everyone said

dolittle

Reaction score
Well, there U go. Very good point, Dharma Bum. I was so fokased on "making a living", I didn't think it through on "Where to live". My bad. Guess I was think of a nomadic excistance. I will have to give more thought to staying & surviving/living in one place. Either way, I KNOW humans can live, with a certain amount of comfort, on No money. Hmmm.... I wonder does the guy in Utah barter anything for what he gets from the town? I didn't see that in the article.

dolittle

Reaction score
Oh. By the way, Dharma Bum. Just my own personal thoughts on the subject. Some things Can be free. Or rather, a better word would be earned. If I go out and grow fruit. I consider that free. I earned that fruit with my skill at growing it. Not by paying someone elts to grow it for me. Or, for that matter, I don't even have to grow it. LOTS of food grows wild, all on its own. I just have to get off my tush, go find it & pick it.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
if i grew my own food, it would take the plowing and sowing of your plants and tend to them regularly which in turn is work. i get what you're saying, but i'd feel like i payed for that food by my own labor. i guess it's still free though technically.

P

Pheonix

some hoard guns and ammo, they could do pretty well for themselves.

coins will remain in use for bartering they will be worth the raw minerals they are made of.
minerals like gold, silver and copper will always hold a value.

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
some hoard guns and ammo, they could do pretty well for themselves.

coins will remain in use for bartering they will be worth the raw minerals they are made of.
minerals like gold, silver and copper will always hold a value.
This is true. And there will ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALLLLLLLLLLLLWAYYSSSSSS be collectors for shit like that.

Nelco

Reaction score
if there was no maoney, i'd be sittin with crusty moma's, raising our kid's out of our pac's, while their dads played with the youngin's,next to us..and no one would be alcoholics and no men in suits or uniforms would be coming to investigate what kind of mommy i am and what i smelled like wouldn't matter and no one would call themselves crusty, because labels wouldn't exist and it'd be o.k. to make a fire where ever i was camping..and i wouldn't get martyred, for being to human and I wouldn't be a single mom, in a family with only mothers and sons and there'd be guitar strings and harmonic melodies coming from the camp next to me and the earth wouldn't be dying and my friends wouldn't be dead and my hair wouldn't be cut off and I wouldn't have to be a walking bill board with patches all over me, for the zombies to read and i wouldn't be misjudged and I wouldn't have to say I'm sorry all day to the slef proclaimed, important people, just so they don't jack my kid and wouldn't have to carry weapons to protect myslef from other humans and i wouldn't have to be on the internet to pound the ignorance out. I guess I'd have one foot in heaven if it weren't for moaney, but instead i've got one foot in the grave, so I'm full of hatred and it poision's my soul and I can't wait for the earth to devour all these paper chasing zombie's.

Nelco

Reaction score
when we go back to the barter system, the hoarders will become the wealthiest 1%.
they won't if no one wants all that fancy, uneccasary materialistic bullshit

Nelco

Reaction score

The Cack

Reaction score
Money's a necessary evil.
It is a calculation of work credit, sort of. Nowadays, one hour of minimum wage, non-specialized labor earns you a meal at a low-grade fast food restaurant. One hour of engineering at a corporate firm--which more specialized--can earn you ten meals at one low-grade fast food place, or three organic-ubercrunchy DINK restaurants...

I think what you're really trying to say is that a world without "value" discrepancy, which I think is a fruitless endeavor...

People need incentives in order to do things against their will. People wake up at 7am to go to their jobs through traffic not because it serves the greater good, but because it in turn pays for their house.

If the art world is any indicator, value is highly subjective.

Nelco

Reaction score
It depends. Had money never existed at all? Or if our monetarial system failed in, say, our lifetime. A post-money system? I can't fathom half of the kids I know being homebums if not for the monetarial system to leech off of. The luxery of living for free simply wouldn't be a reality. I know I've made more money in an hour flying a sign than I have working minimum wage. Without a money system to leech off of, people would be forced to be more productive. How else could they provide themselves with an abundance of tobacco and alcohol?
yeah...i agree

Nelco

Reaction score
... it's just human nature to want more than he needs...
some humans aren't like that
having more than one needs comes from insecurity...needing to be over stable from lack in trust

....would take a long, tedious decline of the money system for it to become obsolete.
I think it'd take juust one big, wide scale, disaster

Nelco

Reaction score
The thought of a barter system always seemed to resonate with me...to model certain first world nations. currensy isnt the real problem as I see it...capitalism is. Let's take it back to Seashells & beads yo!
I'm down

Nelco

Reaction score
you guys down?
wait..my fuckin kid will starve, because..

Nelco

Reaction score
If U really want to know, try it. I read about this dude who moved deep into a remote forest up north someplace. No elct. No gas. No car. No phone. If he can't build it, grow it, catch it or barter for it he does with out it. He seemed quite healthy & happy.
still a probelm with this
what about us with kids
we hold the future and they take our children to negoiate finacial garbble with us, in trade..our kids for accumiltion of money and all the accesories that come with it
...for the ones not saying it...yes they're are people in the bushes with a families, but they always get busted
..so what about our future generations, what about our families..the system gets them for the first 18 years, to brainwash them and where does that leave all of us?...drunk and alone in bushes, while we blame ourselves???
yeah i'm good on that shit..i just hope my kid deosn't run away when he's 15 like i did..than i gotta worry about the street shit taking him down instead of the hive system..what about the rest of us?..or are we despensible and easily forgotten too

Nelco

Reaction score
if we can't free our familes..our lame and elder and our young and innocent than we alked away with nothing worth having

Nelco

Reaction score
truth burns,,sorry

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads