what to do in the bay?

Tobiko

Reaction score
Food Not Bombs (usually everyday at the stage in People’s Park, berkeley)

Long Haul Infoshop (great spot to keep warm, loiter, charge devices, eat free foods, and more!)

BASTARD Study Group (Tuesday nights 7:30-9:30 at Long Haul)

i am usually at these spots, or wandering around between them (lots of free boxes in berkeley!)

this library kinda close to people’s park has a fireplace!

and exploring the trails in the hills can be enjoyable

• Useful
Reactions: Dmac and Coywolf

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Food Not Bombs (usually everyday at the stage in People’s Park, berkeley)

Long Haul Infoshop (great spot to keep warm, loiter, charge devices, eat free foods, and more!)

BASTARD Study Group (Tuesday nights 7:30-9:30 at Long Haul)

i am usually at these spots, or wandering around between them (lots of free boxes in berkeley!)

this library kinda close to people’s park has a fireplace!

and exploring the trails in the hills can be enjoyable

That is really really useful info. Thank you. I'll be in the Bay here in the next couple weeks, and will be checking those spots out. I've only really done the SF side of the bay stuff.

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My recommendations are to get a clam chowder breadbowl on Fisherman's Wharf (if you have the money), walk the entirety of the Golden Gate, smoke a joint in panhandle Park, and hit up Ocean Beach. Public transit gets you everywhere in the bay. I love it there

Cant wait to check out the east bay this next time around in a couple weeks.

Tobiko

Reaction score
  • Useful
Reactions: Coywolf

Lichenthropy

Reaction score
I like scoping graffiti all over Oakland. Piedmont cemetery visits r always beautiful.
Fruitvale taco trucks. Killer metal shows. Sf has rad skate spots. The overall radical history of the bay area is sumthing special to behold definitely.
Personally I hate cities but the bay area occupies a special place in my heart.

texastraveler

Reaction score
this place SUCKS
got on an amtrak instead of BART and ended up way out of my way with a dead phone

how the fuck do people navigate cities?

it's also dirty and smells like piss eveeywhere

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
got on an amtrak instead of BART and ended up way out of my way with a dead phone

how the fuck do people navigate cities?

Where did you get on/off? Google maps makes it incredibly easy to navigate the bay area.

Although, I kinda wish the internet would just disappear for a few days and watch people lose their minds, trying to navigate like the old days. Asking people for directions, having to walk to transit centers to look at system line maps...my God those were the days.

Most cities have a system to their streets/transit. At least the main lines.

Make sure that you don't ho south of Market in the Tenderloin in SF...thats really all I got for ya, haha. Dont know much about the east bay.

Edit: just saw the part about the dead phone. That makes it alot harder. Just gotta take to the right people, IMO.

NewMexicoJim

High mileage, good condition.
Reaction score
gonna be there the 18th and 19th, i fucking hate cities but the bay is too interesting to not explore. anything yall would recommend seeing/doing? i'm planning on mostly riding the BART around

Go camping on Mt Tamalpais. You will get some incredible views of downtown SF and the bay area. Watch the fog roll in and cover it all.

Reactions: Dmac

laughingman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't see it here but there is a fantastic Japanese garden not very far from a museum of modern art in golden gate part. Both Are worth a visit and not expensive to be sure. Other then that you can just walk around and enjoy the sights. The bridge is cool but just like most American cities SF has good food and nice bookstores. The last time I was there I was wondering around and found myself in a massive candy store with just BLAZING techno music and flashing lights. I have no idea where it is now but I would not mind going back.

texastraveler

Reaction score
I'll be back in the bay today, gonna catch up on the stuff I missed thanka for the suggestions yall

ended up getting too high my last day there, got on an amtrak instead of the BART and wasted most of it just getting back to the city

• Haha
Reactions: NewMexicoJim

texastraveler

Reaction score
also if anyone knows a good place to park a truck to sleep overnigjt I'd greatly appreciate a DM, my registration is out so I'm keen to avoid the cops

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
also if anyone knows a good place to park a truck to sleep overnigjt I'd greatly appreciate a DM, my registration is out so I'm keen to avoid the cops

I'm PM you. Its over in the Richmond district. I'm also in the bay RN, thinking of leaving south tomorrow to run away from the weather.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads