What kindsa music yall into?

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
i try to only listen to music that has apparent thought behind it. I love instrumental or electronic music, but, if there are lyrics, i only like it if there is a message. A clear message. Most mainstream todays pop, country, or rap comes from the same respective place nearly all the time. (Generally) pop is about getting drunk and partying and "falling in love", country is about drinking beer, driving trucks, and some sort of love angle a lot of the time, and rap is about fucking bitches, getting money, and shitting on everybody they think they're better than. My point is that the popular music of today has little to no thought behind it. Cookie cutter songs really not singing about anything. I listen to music with depth, emotion. stuff with a unique message that you cant hear in thousands of other songs, just like that one.
And, as far as violence goes, i used to listen to a lot of extreme metal that was just generally very violent and hateful. I still fucking love metal, i just dont really listen to the stuff thats about killing people and shit lol. There are a few exceptions tho really for me. Stuff i cant help but like.

Gotch as opposed to music about mindless self indulgence. Im with ya there. I also like songs about killing people sometimes heres a sick one:

MTFZX

Reaction score
Gotch as opposed to music about mindless self indulgence. Im with ya there. I also like songs about killing people sometimes heres a sick one:

Well technically, i love the band "mindless self indulgence" lol one of my favorites. Its obviously comical tho so Its different. And i cant really get into that song, but just because im so picky about my rap.
Heres a good example:

Reactions: TheWindAndRain

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Well technically, i love the band "mindless self indulgence" lol one of my favorites. Its obviously comical tho so Its different. And i cant really get into that song, but just because im so picky about my rap.
Heres a good example:

Im also picky about rap, never been a big fan of aesops content or 'far out' style imo though he does have a lot of varying content. Here you can find which rappers have the largest vocabulary, maybe you will find a new artist you like: aesop rock is #1 and killah priest is #10

https://pudding.cool/2017/02/vocabulary/index.html
https://pudding.cool/2017/02/vocabulary/index.html

Last edited:

Jbird

Reaction score
I like shoegaze, My Bloody Valentine is aight, but my favorite is Spaceman 3, old indie rock that is like the indie rock of indie rock, some of the lyrics are actually pretty heavy and trippy ass sounds resonant from it. Dope.

WillFlo

Reaction score
Elephant Revival, Brown Bird, Tuba Skinny, The Abyssinians, Israel Vibration, The Mighty Diamonds, Minor Threat, Fifteen, Screeching Weasel, Brother Ali, RJD2, Coil, Pailhead, Pigface, Lyrics Born, Blondie, Carcass, Mazzy Star, Mr. Bungle, Pixies, Bob Seger, Bolt Thrower, Pink Floyd, Otis Muthafuckin Redding, I'm all over the place.
lol i played with rjd2 years ago

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads