What kind of shoes do you wear while traveling? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

What kind of shoes do you wear while traveling?

superphoenix

Reaction score
Yep, second that. Except that I really like Converse or Vans (or lookalikes) ... I mean those were my preferred shoes since my teenage years. But they can go downhill quite quickly.

View attachment 53191

Idk why anyone traveling wears Vans/Converse type shoes. Awful grip, worn to the ground in weeks. I get ones that look better but cost way less to get and don't wear to that extent. I make sure the soles have good grip and quite a bit of foam so that they don't tear up instantly.

You don't have to worry about that as much with boots, but boots are such a commitment to bring . They're heavy and take up so much space. They are super useful in the rain, but I may just plastic bag my feet at that point.

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
Idk why anyone traveling wears Vans/Converse type shoes. Awful grip, worn to the ground in weeks. I get ones that look better but cost way less to get and don't wear to that extent.

Well I like the style and they are lightweight. But I would not recommend buying the originals anymore. Last time I bought Vans-like slip ons it was from Deichmann, regular price €15, on sale for €7 ...

Bitch

Reaction score
Would do any vulcanized skate shoe just nothing canvas. First choice Only vans mids or highs. Vulk rubber bottoms and suede toe caps with extra holes punched. Get them at Ross for about twenty to thirty bucks sometimes outlets for less. They grip wet rocks and I'm used to them. Fits true to size. Rolls up and good for 6 months walking over 8 hours a day on cement docks for work 40 hours a week (work half a year bum the other half). That's easily 1,200 to 1,500 hours of wear a pair and another couple hours a day skating and hiking. Replace when the bottoms burn through or every 6 months when they get too funky. Not bad honest figures for a comfortable shoe. What else can you get for about one cent per hour per foot?

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Best boots I've owned were a pair of industrial sole docs I got back in 2004. I went through redwings and wolverines way too fast, tried docs next and those fuckers held up through my entire time as a switchman, brakeman, conductor, engineer, hitchhiker, train rider. I barely got rid of them in 2019. 15 years ain't bad for all that ballast, concrete and asphalt they traversed under my weight.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads