WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MUSHROOM? 🍄🍄🍄

wayward

Reaction score
Mine is the amanita muscaria "fly agaric" apparently if you eat it, you can talk to God or something... never managed to find any of these shrooms but it wouldn't be the first time I met the big man upstairs due to fungal related activities.....

Amanita_muscaria_3_vliegenzwammen_op_rij.jpg

close seconds gotta be penis envy cause they look like a penis

Penis Envy Mushrooms: A Potent Shroom's Complex History - DoubleBlind Mag

Extimus

Reaction score
I like the hericium erinaceus
lions-mane-blok-2.jpg

Looks like a stalagmite
merlin_155318763_ce4ade53-a0fc-46ea-bbbd-f1a6b390ca7c-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Also I'm pretty sure you don't want to eat that fly agaric unless you really do want to talk to God.
Anyway don't be looking at fungi for too long, you know Spindleshank is waiting
peace

AlexKnoch

Reaction score
Website
AlexKnoch.com
I like the hericium erinaceus
View attachment 67587

Looks like a stalagmite
View attachment 67588

Also I'm pretty sure you don't want to eat that fly agaric unless you really do want to talk to God.
Anyway don't be looking at fungi for too long, you know Spindleshank is waiting
peace
Do you cook and eat the lions mane? Supplements? I saw some at the farmers market but I wasn't sure how to prepare it..

roguetrader

Reaction score
I like the Stinkhorn which is another extremely phallic fungi and jeez does it stink - i could smell its vile odour 10 or 15 metres away...

also we got several hallucinogenic varieties - the Liberty Cap which is the well know 'magic mushroom' , the Blue Halo which is another form of psilocybin although much rarer and very strong, and the Fly Agaric - which I have smoked on a few occasions - one time it only produced very mild effects until BANG about 2 hours later I was mega tripping - and driving ! fortunately I was only doing 20mph on quiet lanes...

• Wow
Reactions: wayward

Karg

Reaction score
Mine is the amanita muscaria "fly agaric" apparently if you eat it, you can talk to God or something... never managed to find any of these shrooms but it wouldn't be the first time I met the big man upstairs due to fungal related activities.....

View attachment 67586

close seconds gotta be penis envy cause they look like a penis

Penis Envy Mushrooms: A Potent Shroom's Complex History - DoubleBlind Mag
Chicken of the woods has always called out to me, Super bright colorization and weird/interesting formations. They kinda just smack you in the face when you turn the bend on a trail full of greens and brown and then BAM bright orange.
Chicken of the woods 2.jpg
Chicken of the woods.jpg

Watched a good video with Hamilton Morris talking to the person who developed/created the Penis Envy strain. The PE strain has always been surrounded in mystery and bad actors making false claims. It's a good watch.

morris-1200x630.jpg

Waldorf

Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
just did a 3.5 of AAA+ and didnt feel much but i did eat a BIG meal 4 hours prior... when laying down 3 hours aftr i had some nice visuals and havent done shrooms 4 years before yesterday when i did that and played Star Ship Troopers ( i also use to live and hang with sometimes Neil Patrick Harris) no lie lol in the west village but yeah i was playing that game and i guess slightly tripping off of a cookies and cream bar.... it was a mario theme brand i dont remember the ame but the strain was def SAT / AAA and yeah... i wanna try LSD or something WAY stronger

Reactions: Karg

Scat

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
roaddogs.cfw.me
just did a 3.5 of AAA+ and didnt feel much but i did eat a BIG meal 4 hours prior... when laying down 3 hours aftr i had some nice visuals and havent done shrooms 4 years before yesterday when i did that and played Star Ship Troopers ( i also use to live and hang with sometimes Neil Patrick Harris) no lie lol in the west village but yeah i was playing that game and i guess slightly tripping off of a cookies and cream bar.... it was a mario theme brand i dont remember the ame but the strain was def SAT / AAA and yeah... i wanna try LSD or something WAY stronger
You got to hang with NPH? Jealous.

fbe476e6fdd9871fdcb67daeb285c0fe.jpg

I'm gonna go with Bird's nest fungi, simply because they look cool as hell. Have love in my heart for all fungi though.

Waldorf

Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
yupp i cooked for him and the rascals

he singed 4 starship troopers and made a personal video of him and me dancing
on my ipad

hes friends with y old roommate who lost his husband who was his night club / night life stylist

Attachments

• nph1.jpg
    nph1.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: Karg

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have different favorite mushrooms for different reasons.

I would say the Destroying Angel is my favorite because that's a badass name for a mushroom. It's named appropriately, as it will certainly destroy anything that attempts to consume it. The name destroying angel is applied to Amanita Virosa(Europe), Amanita Ocreata & Amanita Bisporigera(North America). They're not exactly the most beautiful of mushrooms. They're just some basic white bitches but their name and deadliness does it for me.

5047065.jpg

As far as appearance, I love the Amanita Muscaria. Especially the gold ones. It's the first mushroom I ever noticed in the wild as a child.

scaria-var.-Guessowii-Foraging-Preparation-Guide-7.jpg

And then as far as my favorite mushrooms to put in my mouth, just the standard Psilocybe Cubensis

74103-lawn_fruit2.jpg

Oddly, I can't stand mushrooms in terms of culinary types you'd put on food. If you wanna ruin a pizza or some spaghetti sauce or literally any dish, just toss some mushrooms in there and I'm pretty bummed about the whole ordeal. The first dozen or so times I ate boomers I would just fight throwing up the entire time until I'd eventually throw up. I didn't feel any better, I'd still be sick to my stomach for the remainder of the experience. It was generally pretty awful until the day I decided I'd try to grind them up real fine and blend them into tuna.

If anyone has a hard time keeping mushrooms down but you're not vegan/vegetarian you should give tuna and mushrooms a try. The overpowering flavor of the tuna completely neutralizes all of that dirty-sock-tea flavor the mushrooms have. I think it also gives your stomach a more gentle hit as it isn't just a handful of toxins landing in your gut but rather this blend of food to slowly digest that just happens to also have ground up toxins in it. It's kinda like the difference between guzzling down a bottle of everclear vs slamming a fruity mixed drink.

Reactions: Colinleath

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Chicken of the Woods is very tasty - some guys I know found a huge example in a park in London that fed about 15 people... I actually think that the myco-protein Quorn is grown from the spores of this mushroom - the flavour and meaty texture is very similar...
I remember a friend of mine said it was pretty tasty. I'd love to try it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads