what is your favorite song about traveling? | Squat the Planet

what is your favorite song about traveling?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i'm looking around at tracks i could possibly use for the StP podcast, so i'm curious what your favorite songs about traveling area. if it's independent (i.e. i can use it and not get sued) even better :)

6bummin6it6

Reaction score
not so much about traveling but its kinda similar, going to georgia by the mountain goats. or any going to (wherever) mountain goats song.

sticking the RYG theme, wanderin' would be a good one. or barefooted blues.

venus bound by unknown hinson?

shanty boat by the tillers may appeal to bluegrass fans or river rats or most people from southwestern ohio.

yup

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple songs I could try n record and post. one is an original on being a dirty kid hopping trains and the other is one a friend wrote when he got stranded traveling thru mexico

PotBellyFatGuy

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
i liked endless summer nights by richard marx. reminds me of a time when i am carefree traveling and enjoying the moment of life as it's a warm night and everything is alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mankini

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I've got several but this ones definitely up there.

i'm definitely digging this one. thanks for sharing, it's the top contender so far.

I have a couple songs I could try n record and post. one is an original on being a dirty kid hopping trains and the other is one a friend wrote when he got stranded traveling thru mexico

i'd love to hear em :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Wawa

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Oh man, I just got up and walked out to the street in the middle of the night to get cell service cuz I can't sleep without posting "wait, actually, how about built to roam by shakey graves?"

But apparently I can't have original thoughs. All roads lead to nowhere would be pretty cool too. Either would probably make me tear up.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads