what is your favorite song about traveling? (1 Viewer)

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
i'm looking around at tracks i could possibly use for the StP podcast, so i'm curious what your favorite songs about traveling area. if it's independent (i.e. i can use it and not get sued) even better :)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

6bummin6it6

Current Location
Cincinnati, United States
not so much about traveling but its kinda similar, going to georgia by the mountain goats. or any going to (wherever) mountain goats song.

sticking the RYG theme, wanderin' would be a good one. or barefooted blues.

venus bound by unknown hinson?

shanty boat by the tillers may appeal to bluegrass fans or river rats or most people from southwestern ohio.

yup

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Darrington, WA
I have a couple songs I could try n record and post. one is an original on being a dirty kid hopping trains and the other is one a friend wrote when he got stranded traveling thru mexico

PotBellyFatGuy

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
NYC
Website
www.youtube.com
i liked endless summer nights by richard marx. reminds me of a time when i am carefree traveling and enjoying the moment of life as it's a warm night and everything is alive.

Last edited:

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
en route
paid my dues? check. moan the blues? check. bend guitar strings? check. :D

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
I've got several but this ones definitely up there.
i'm definitely digging this one. thanks for sharing, it's the top contender so far.

I have a couple songs I could try n record and post. one is an original on being a dirty kid hopping trains and the other is one a friend wrote when he got stranded traveling thru mexico
i'd love to hear em :)

Wawa

Wanderer
Current Location
Hurst, United States
Website
www.etsy.com
Oh man, I just got up and walked out to the street in the middle of the night to get cell service cuz I can't sleep without posting "wait, actually, how about built to roam by shakey graves?"

But apparently I can't have original thoughs. All roads lead to nowhere would be pretty cool too. Either would probably make me tear up.

roguetrader

Wanderer
Current Location
Exeter, United Kingdom
that one Ponyboy plays on de banjo at the end of Freeload documentary is cool - his own composition i think it sez in the credits - prob won't get sued but you might have to buy him a bag for it....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $20.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $20.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $20.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $20.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

For years now I've been told to check out r/vagabond and I looked into it. Its terrible and I'm glad i haven't met those people.
Glad to be active again here on STP. I realize now how much I missed this community
Heading to Oregon this week...anyone wanna ride along?
I'm leaving MN in Spring!
Does anyone here have experience with shops yard in L.A., i could use a little advice.
Hey all, been a while, a lot has happened! A little update, my bf got charged with domestic & my shoulder is sprained: things are in the works right now and my plan is to get an RV & GTF outta here!
If I had one more freight hop left in me, maybe two, I would take an NS 27A (auto rack) to Macon, get shuttled to Warner Robins to visit my friends since I haven't seen them for quite a while, then head back to Macon. Next up, maybe I would stay put under a skirted piggyback heading southbound to Jacksonville just to explore the Macon/Valdosta districts.
who's in Grand Junction Colorado?

Members online