What excuses have you mad to NOT travel...? | Squat the Planet

What excuses have you mad to NOT travel...?

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Made* Either at the start of your vagabonding adventure before you hit the road once, procrastination or any other time, what excuses have you made/told yourself out of fear, boredom, being complacent or anything else?

Foman

Reaction score
thought that my friends needed me to stay before i figured out they would be just fine on theyre own. that and thinking i needed to stick around for court.

nameless

Reaction score
warrant...im in the LA area and its a bitch to get out to colton to catch a train...no travelin kids come around here to motivate me to leave..haha i dont know lots of unnecessary things try to stop me from leaving but eventually ill be out there again..ive always been way more happy out on the road..but if i have a warrant ill be in a cell rather than on a train

E

Earth

god, when i was young, it was all about exploration via the nyc subway system or my bicycle, or skateboard.
this would be from say 1978 till 1984, which was when i got my car...
man, me and thag 70 plymouth went everywhere, each day was a new adventure, but oddly enough, i never saw a reason to travel farther than i could do round trip in a day.
then one day, many many years later i simply lost interest in traveling, perhaps becsuse i am blessed with living in an area since say 1987 or so.... where i am never bored or looking to leave.
but today, i cant travel.
even my long kayak trips have stopped.
two things, a dog who does not do well with mainstream society and aging parents.
thats right!!
im the end of the line, no other relatives out here except for my folks, and im at that age where im now helping them out, which is fine as i dont mind being somewhat grounded...
its all good, but its also what you make of it.
some choose to travel thinking they may find happiness.
ive yet to find one who has.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads