Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
thread moved to off the road

Mj23

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
A few years here and there I did a permy job and stayed indoors for the most part. But primarily winter is when I spend the most time outside. Sometimes finding work but more often than not just bumming it like I never planned anything ahead in my life, feeling stupid for letting things fall through how they tend to. I dislike most of the southern states so usually wind up roughing it in the snow and rain. Fun for the first couple weeks, always.. but then it gets old and I get despondent and wait for the sun to come back out when works easier to find/manage. It's not so difficult finding farms, even during the winter, but always a pain in the rear checking into anything last minute. Gotta plan ahead of time.. plan way, way ahead of time so fingers and toes don't have to get burned and maimed every year.

DuHastMich

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hmm, do you know why?

Well, cartel activity is picking up everywhere. The bullshit going down in Sinaloa and other Mexican states is spreading like wildfire. Tourists are being kidnapped and used as leverage in drug disputes. True story.

The government is saying to avoid travel to Colima, Guerrero, Michoacán, Sinaloa, and Tamaulipas states. (Guerrero's capital is Acapulco).

In fact, many states on the Mexico travel list are at Threat Level 2-3 (exercise caution or avoid). That list is here.

Just be safe, or perhaps get a passport and head down to Argentina/Brazil.

Jackthereaper

Reaction score
Well, cartel activity is picking up everywhere. The bullshit going down in Sinaloa and other Mexican states is spreading like wildfire. Tourists are being kidnapped and used as leverage in drug disputes. True story.

The government is saying to avoid travel to Colima, Guerrero, Michoacán, Sinaloa, and Tamaulipas states. (Guerrero's capital is Acapulco).

In fact, many states on the Mexico travel list are at Threat Level 2-3 (exercise caution or avoid). That list is here.

Just be safe, or perhaps get a passport and head down to Argentina/Brazil.
Brazil is just as wild right now.

SOT

Reaction score
Well i don really think that its more "dangerous" in the south of mexiko for gringos*as or wuerras. if youre first nation thats a different thing. you hear a lot of stories, i overwintered there last winter, on the road and sometimes in the tent, as wuerra. the only thing is the fuckers militarycheckpoints, so if you dont have id you should sure be careful. otherwise most people in the south of mexiko (not meaning yucatan) neither have a dollar a day to live, nor land to sustain themselves, fuckedupcapitalism, smashthesystem. but theres rel good organized anifacist structures around

Reactions: DuHastMich

mumblz

Reaction score
Digging holes in the winter months for money ... although this last year I also worked through the summer and through this current winter again, and probably another round of the same, as I yearn for an extended time on the road without having to worry TOO much about hustling and shit. Idk, I'm getting into my mid-30s and I'm starting to think about how long I can keep this up...tearing my body up year-round whether it be through living rough or working rougher.. Idk It's just like, all that shit I've been talking about not giving a fuck , as long as I'm free, it's starting to be tested now so....we'll see I guess

Reactions: DuHastMich
D

Deleted member 14481

I usually get addicted to social media because it's so fucking cold. But, the yea MN hosted the Super Bowl I gtfo of town, and traveled through the southeast.

paiche

Reaction score
This winter was crazy, I just lugged wood and split wood and chopped wood and burned wood, oh and shoveled snow and lugged water. Fucking so happy the snow is almost all gone!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads