What are your favorite Folk/Bluegrass bands?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i changed the title to be a little more descriptive.

Sladerson

Reaction score
Townes Van Zandt may not be considered "folk" by some but His songwriting style and delivery is subpar, I reccomend the Album Live at the Texas Quarter seeing as how the studio r cordings can be drowned in the "Nashville Sound".

Also Blaze Foley, Live at the Austin Outhouse. Whole album is full of amazingly written songs.

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Three wondrous female folk musicians that I've spent a lot of time learning their songs, and listening to their tunes are:
Alela Diane, Jessica Lea Mayfield, and Eilen Jewell.
Jessica Lea Mayfield is pretty pop now, unfortunately.. but, she put out a couple good folk albums in the beginning of her career.

Also, PROFANE SASS
Fellow travellers that are SO underrated, surprisingly. Can't believe I haven't seen their name on this list yet.. Unfortunately, their mandolin player passed, due to a train accident.

vagrantDarter

Reaction score
There's a chick on YouTube named Meredith Moon who plays a wicked banjo, does collabs with another wicked fella that plays the violin, covers alot of great oldschool folk and bluegrass as well as her own material is rad.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads