We are all people; equally.

Vulture

Reaction score
Hmm. I can understand your distaste and mistrust towards those who are rich. I personally wouldn't go so far as to hate them however, merely disdain their narrow focus on money and its potential negative impact on their perception of others. None of us can rightly claim perfection my friend, we each have faults. Theirs(the rich) is often different from ours, but no better or worse I think. I think it may be better to pity those who invest so much of themselves in the pursuit and maintanence of wealth, that they forget the all more important pursuit of loving, understanding, and appreciating the rest of humanity.

Peace and love... And Happy 420!!!
Their's involve the subjugation of masses and the perpetuation of the system by being the idols of the plebs, basking in luxurious crap, eating food we cannot afford and being the only ones with any financial stability. Disdain and hatred towards them makes me feel like a human being.

Of course not everyone has my opinion, but I like to rant out my radicalism here and there.

Cheers

Reactions: Hillbilly Castro

Leocalifornya

Reaction score
My .02 - this discussion is just as old as the typical "what is punk" debate. Everyone already knows that not all rich, middle, poor class folks are the same. No one is more or less than their fellow mate. Equality sounds mother-fucking-dandy. And yes, money isn't evil but the greed that stands behind it which is stamped on by mankind is. I don't see why the focus is being placed on money if it is the human nature to divide ourselves in ranks due to beauty, strength, brains, money, etc that is what we should be working against for a solution.
I whole heartedly agree sis, 110%. This post began as a wealth issue because I started it shortly after a situation pertaining to poverty and the perspective some have towards it. It's true that our problem as a species stems from our propensity to assume superiority over others based on false self-perceptions. I do however think that material wealth is one of those ideals we hold, not because it is natural, but because we have deemed it as something beyond what it is. Physical beauty, ability, intelligence, have all become subject to our vanity and pride it's true. But these atleast, are of us, a part of what makes us each unique, special, and preferentially desirable to others. Material wealth is nothing more than a hollow illusion that we ultimately do not need.

Peace and love... And Happy 420!!!

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
if it is the human nature to divide ourselves in ranks due to beauty, strength, brains, money, etc that is what we should be working against for a solution.

One can argue that it is the system of money that allows the asymmetric accumulation of power that leads to these separate ranks of beauty, strength, brains... (social standing through wealth) to be created.

After all with generations of wealth power and breeding you can obtain all those qualities in your genetic line... heck as technology and medicine advance beauty strength and brains can be bought... after all to a certain extent are they not already?

Athletic enchantments? Cosmetic surgery? Expensive ivy league educations and good nutrition and environment from the day your born to allow for optimal brain development?

I suggest some folks go look up and watch the zeitgeist series... particularly the third doc from 2011. There are some incredible insights into the psychosocial nature of human behavior and how that is distributed through society. \
Focused on how our brains are influenced and our physiology and behavior changed by epigenetic effects.... turns out nature nurture are a lot more intricately entwined then most may believe.

Last edited:

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Lets also keep in mind that other than basic survival, money really only gives us superficial things. Now most people like the rich and the pour buy into these illusions and think it actually matters in the end. But here is the thing, its just fucking money.

Rich kids get raped by their Dads, like pour kids do. Just cause you have a fucking mansion and a mill in the bank don't change how that makes one feel. I'm sure you all are capable of thinking up a million things that can happen in ones life that don't involve a fancy fucking car, or expensive clothing. Like lets be real here. The things that hurt have nothing to do with cash, money just helps hide it better.

Rich folk who look down on pour folk are just as retarded as pour people who think because someone has a million dollars their life is automatically better.

I can assure you any hardships I have dealt with in my life had nothing to do with me having to eat at soup kitchens at my poorest. As a matter of fact I almost (almost) miss those days.

There are 8 billion people in the world, how many do you think I give a fuck about. Why would I waist my time worrying about people that have more money than me. Why, cause I run into the odd dick?..who give as fuuuck. Besides I've ran into more asshole "pour" folk than wealthy.

I certainly don't worry about people who have less...and don't even pretend you do either. Like what are ya'll doing about the good folks getting fucked in Africa and the middle east, or in your home town. I've been to places like Haiti, that's poverty! Again lets be real here..were in the middle, we aren't pour.

Your mad at the guy who thinks hes better cause he has a shiny car..well its just as fucking stupid to be mad at him for having it. It doesn't fucking matter. This pour me against the tyrannical oppressive 1% constant rant is ridiculous..its a fucking fantasy. End of the day its just masturbation.

Lets get off this money shit. We go on about how wrong it is, yet base everything on it still.

People are born and some get fucked up and hurt. They build up walls to protect themselves and try to fill the void. Some get lucky and have a shit ton of free money they can use to hide behind, some people actually earn it in a respectable way...but the end of the day even the asshole rich ass mother fucker is no better than the cripple sleeping in the doorway...

We all come into this world naked, and we all die. We take nothing with us, and we don't even know what the fuck happens after,or if anything is even real.

I don't need rich people (or "pour" ones for that matter) to believe this, it doesn't bother me one way or the other. Its a fucking truth. It shouldn't bother any of you either.

You want to free people from oppression, Stop perpetuation the illusion

Besides hating the rich don't mean shit, bitch all fucking day about them..what are you doing for those below you????

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that not all the rich are bad people; I still have a problem with them hoarding wealth. I guess the challenge is trying to hold the differences between goodness of people and the negative things they do. Sounds bizarre, but maybe we can even be more gracious of ourselves, because most of us have a secret part of ourself we're not so proud of. We DO have shit to work on, personally, in our lifetime. Better a hypocrite than a cynic or a pessimist, I say (by which I refer to the hypocrites that have ideals and struggle their entire life to align themselves with that, not a defense of deceptive, lie-ing and cheating scumbags of any class).

Reactions: Hillbilly Castro

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
Well I guess Ill hold it down for having a problem with rich folks because it seems unpopular here, as confusing as that is. My question is how do these people get rich to begin with? By robbing the workers, that's how. If I generate a hundred bucks in net profit in an hour of factory work, but the boss pays me ten, how does he justify taking the other ninety bucks that my labor generated? Note that I said net profit - this means profit after overhead, including perhaps an extra cut of some modesty towards whomever had the much-vaunted "idea" that capitalists are always claiming justifies their absurdly thick cut of the profit. Risk is a non-factor because it could just as easily be distributed among the workers evenly. That one man takes it all on and then goes on about his struggle is gross entitlement and a manufactured conflict. So all this said, it is nonsensical that capitalists justify the systems for exploitation that secure their riches, and frankly, an affront to human dignity. My mother has worked all her life, often three jobs, raising kids, making ends meet, perhaps working as hard as a person could be expected to work and yet she stills struggles to pay the rent. Why, after a life of toil, does she not ascend economically? Well, because it takes money to make money, and she, like I, was born with none. When someone is born into a million bucks, it is exponentially easier for them to secure themselves economically from poverty and lack. This is why this system shatters any sense of human decency. When your car is worth more than my entire extended family, that you can stand by enjoying your absurd luxury while the gas company turns off our heat in January because we got laid off - so your could move your operation to China where you can exploit even more - you have so degraded your humanity that I pity you, and so offended human dignity that I will resist you and your efforts to exploit us further.

This rhetoric about "equality" being applied to the rich as evenly as the poor, for these reasons, is a weak and hollow trick that capitalists and poor lovers of capitalist whips use to distract from the reality of the capitalist system. To the exploited, the boss and the worker are not the same because one seeks to enrich himself at your expense and the other is alongside you as a true equal. If we want equality with the rich, we must demand or force the rich to step down from their pedestals.

That we in the U.S. are not as poor as folks in Asia, Africa, and so forth is a lesser evil argument. When you have a family you cannot afford the luxuries we tramps can. You can't hop to a warm place when it is cold. You can't take your kids out of school and squat in the woods. You are stuck with whatever situation you got, meaning unemployment usually, or at best, a job that demands all your time and pays not enough to live on. As surely as I advocate for the American poor, I'll fight as surely for those in the third world.

Now don't get me wrong, there are people that misuse these ideas to justify a culture of endless bitching, apathy, and inaction. To do this degrades our radical history and is useless.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads