We are all people; equally.

Leocalifornya

Reaction score
Why is it, people with money assume themselves to be better than those with little or nothing? Are we not all human, brothers and sisters in the same struggle to survive the ups and downs of this life. How can currency somehow magically make a fellow body feel in any way superior to any other. I will not go into the circumstance which brought about this revelation. I will only say that it is equal to, or greater than, insanity for anyone to assume such a humanly blasphemous delusion as this one.

The next time you see a brother or sister who is obviously without material resource, look on them not as one who is less than yourself. If anything, recognize in them the undying devotion for life that they possess in abundance. Because to be without the support and stability of wealth, and yet continue to endure the monumental struggle that is life; there are few strengths greater than this in the world.

Reactions: Kal and Odin
K

Kim Chee

I've often said that money divides us.

...Are we not all human, brothers and sisters in the same struggle to survive the ups and downs of this life.

Of course.

...but for the wealthy, money makes the ups a little more up and the downs a little less down.

The wealthy don't experience the same hardships and struggles as the poor.

Poor people problems: "wondering what I'm going to eat or how I'm going to make rent".

^Honestly, how can you expect somebody to relate to you if they have never had to rent or if their refrigerator is always full of food (some of which is unopened and rotting)?

T

thekaleisnotforyou

I agree with what you've said but I wouldn't say that EVERYONE with money and who is wealthy is like that. From personal experience I would agree with it though. I give everyone a chance, poor or rich. You cannot judge someone based on how little or how much money they have.

Leocalifornya

Reaction score
I've often said that money divides us.

Of course.

...but for the wealthy, money makes the ups a little more up and the downs a little less down.

The poor don't experience the same hardships and struggles as the wealthy.

Poor people problems: "wondering what I'm going to eat or how I'm going to make rent".

^Honestly, how can you expect somebody to relate to you if they have never had to rent or if their refrigerator is always full of food (some of which is unopened and rotting)?
Nicely said..

Leocalifornya

Reaction score
I agree with what you've said but I wouldn't say that EVERYONE with money and who is wealthy is like that. From personal experience I would agree with it though. I give everyone a chance, poor or rich. You cannot judge someone based on how little or how much money they have.
Right on sis. You're right, there are plenty of very awesome rich people (Bill Gates comes to mind) and on the flip side there are just as many uncool poor people. It all comes down to each individual and how they treat their fellow person.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Absolutely bro, money shouldn't factor in to our opinions of others, one way or the other.

I just find it ironic when people complain about being judged as human beings based on financial situation, yet judge others using the same criteria.

We need to be better humans and rise above such shallow outlooks

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I would think it self evident that there are good and bad people across the whole economic spectrum... and money is simply a tool/system of exchange through real or false scarcity in society.

Too often it is used as a tool of power and influence though... and that could be prevented some day if human society can transition to a new way of thinking and living.

I'm a fan of a balanced society that uses its technology to cleanly create abundance (food, shelter, medicine exct) for all. If you free people from the burden and struggle of producing the basic necessities to survive and open the opportunities of art education and creativity this world could be something special.

How many brilliant minds are lost to the scourge of poverty and war that money creates in this world?

Reactions: Leocalifornya

Leocalifornya

Reaction score
I would think it self evident that there are good and bad people across the whole economic spectrum... and money is simply a tool/system of exchange through real or false scarcity in society.

Too often it is used as a tool of power and influence though... and that could be prevented some day if human society can transition to a new way of thinking and living.

I'm a fan of a balanced society that uses its technology to cleanly create abundance (food, shelter, medicine exct) for all. If you free people from the burden and struggle of producing the basic necessities to survive and open the opportunities of art education and creativity this world could be something special.

How many brilliant minds are lost to the scourge of poverty and war that money creates in this world?
Very well said! If only we could live in such an excellent world. Truly, we might actually find some semblance of peace amongst ourselves.

Reactions: Odin

Leocalifornya

Reaction score
I just find it ironic when people complain about being judged as human beings based on financial situation, yet judge others using the same criteria.

We need to be better humans and rise above such shallow outlooks
Hmm, I wasn't aware that I complained or judged. Perhaps I did, if so, my bad. I was simply trying to vent my frustration at a very real encounter. An encounter that was not the first. My main point was that we should all aspire to see each other equally, regardless of financial position. It was in no way my intent to bash the wealthy, not even to judge those who looked down on me. Merely to state an observation and to vent.

Again, my bad if I went too far with it.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Very well said! If only we could live in such an excellent world. Truly, we might actually find some semblance of peace amongst ourselves.

I try to start every day by finding peace within myself...

We can all do a small part to make a day better and if we all do it together things can begin to change.

Kinda a nonspecific thing to say and It may sound idealistic... but it's true.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Hmm, I wasn't aware that I complained or judged. Perhaps I did, if so, my bad. I was simply trying to vent my frustration at a very real encounter. An encounter that was not the first. My main point was that we should all aspire to see each other equally, regardless of financial position. It was in no way my intent to bash the wealthy, not even to judge those who looked down on me. Merely to state an observation and to vent.

Again, my bad if I went too far with it.

I was speaking in general, as it's a common theme on sites like this.

Vulture

Reaction score
Why is it, people with money assume themselves to be better than those with little or nothing? Are we not all human, brothers and sisters in the same struggle to survive the ups and downs of this life. How can currency somehow magically make a fellow body feel in any way superior to any other. I will not go into the circumstance which brought about this revelation. I will only say that it is equal to, or greater than, insanity for anyone to assume such a humanly blasphemous delusion as this one.

The next time you see a brother or sister who is obviously without material resource, look on them not as one who is less than yourself. If anything, recognize in them the undying devotion for life that they possess in abundance. Because to be without the support and stability of wealth, and yet continue to endure the monumental struggle that is life; there are few strengths greater than this in the world.
Personally, I don't like the rich. I hate them, usually. Fucking money horders. That is not to say a few fat cats haven't helped me here and there. They are misers, the most of them. Those that help are facetious or confused.

Reactions: Hillbilly Castro
Reaction score
money is just a belief in the government if the belief went away it would go away that being said money has made men feel better than other men for a very very long time almost every civilization had and has a class system based mainly on wealth. i mean money buy everything from power over other people to the food you eat. on the other hand money (not dollars all assets) is what enslaves pretty much all of mankind. it also gives a certain degree of order though too. i mean who among us would not want to be a billionair tomorrow? anyway i kinda wandered off topic i say let the rich disdain us there is more of us then there is of them so the more they disdain us the more they underestimate us and the angrier we get and maybe angry enough to do something about the inequality of it all. (i hope im clear i'm super drunk on moonshine.

Leocalifornya

Reaction score
Personally, I don't like the rich. I hate them, usually. Fucking money horders. That is not to say a few fat cats haven't helped me here and there. They are misers, the most of them. Those that help are facetious or confused.
Hmm. I can understand your distaste and mistrust towards those who are rich. I personally wouldn't go so far as to hate them however, merely disdain their narrow focus on money and its potential negative impact on their perception of others. None of us can rightly claim perfection my friend, we each have faults. Theirs(the rich) is often different from ours, but no better or worse I think. I think it may be better to pity those who invest so much of themselves in the pursuit and maintanence of wealth, that they forget the all more important pursuit of loving, understanding, and appreciating the rest of humanity.

Peace and love... And Happy 420!!!

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Violence begets Violence...
The poor overthrow the rich...
Then they become the rich...

We need a new way of thinking.

Leocalifornya

Reaction score
money is just a belief in the government if the belief went away it would go away that being said money has made men feel better than other men for a very very long time almost every civilization had and has a class system based mainly on wealth. i mean money buy everything from power over other people to the food you eat. on the other hand money (not dollars all assets) is what enslaves pretty much all of mankind. it also gives a certain degree of order though too. i mean who among us would not want to be a billionair tomorrow? anyway i kinda wandered off topic i say let the rich disdain us there is more of us then there is of them so the more they disdain us the more they underestimate us and the angrier we get and maybe angry enough to do something about the inequality of it all. (i hope im clear i'm super drunk on moonshine.
Maybe your articulation is a bit muddy, but I think your point is clear enough. Money IS an illusion I think. One that we collectively impose upon ourselves. If we did all stand up and decide against it, that would be a freeing experience for sure. But far too many people rely wholly on the support of our ficticious financial system. It is a sad thing for sure, but also somewhat necessary for our species right now. I pray to God that we can one day live in a world that is content with equal share and the pursuit of good for all, rather than material wealth.

Peace and love friend.. And Happy 420!!!

Reactions: Odin
A

Adnil

My .02 - this discussion is just as old as the typical "what is punk" debate. Everyone already knows that not all rich, middle, poor class folks are the same. No one is more or less than their fellow mate. Equality sounds mother-fucking-dandy. And yes, money isn't evil but the greed that stands behind it which is stamped on by mankind is. I don't see why the focus is being placed on money if it is the human nature to divide ourselves in ranks due to beauty, strength, brains, money, etc that is what we should be working against for a solution.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads