Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
because our camp ended in such a shit show by pissing off a Cannibal

what happened with a cannibal?

and hey, thank you for getting back to us on that, it sounds super fucking rad! that's really great that they had so much cool shit going on, and it's cool to know that the organizers had things under such good control with the crazyness. i love the pictures! and those mentats look legit :)

man, i am totally going to this next year! i think it would be rad to have an StP camp in 2015 (i mean, it can be called whatever, just you know, folks from stp and those that want to meet/hang out with us). so if anyone is interested in that, let me know, we should work something out.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
oh, and did they have the thunderdome? i saw a pic with a ring in it, looked like a fighting ring

yellowbrickfreeway

Reaction score
what happened with a cannibal?

and hey, thank you for getting back to us on that, it sounds super fucking rad! that's really great that they had so much cool shit going on, and it's cool to know that the organizers had things under such good control with the crazyness. i love the pictures! and those mentats look legit :)

man, i am totally going to this next year! i think it would be rad to have an StP camp in 2015 (i mean, it can be called whatever, just you know, folks from stp and those that want to meet/hang out with us). so if anyone is interested in that, let me know, we should work something out.

Ha, the Cannibal was just the douchebag who sliced up our tent for no reason. Their entire camp was based around the fact they were the cannibals of the wasteland.

And yeah! That would be awesome, I would definitely be all for there being an STP camp! And it really is super cheap in comparison to anything else especially if you are on top of it enough to get the first tier level one's. But honestly even $100 isn't much considering you pretty much have all of your alcohol and most of your food for the entire weekend already paid for. Most of the camps that go all out bring enough food to cook for other camps, and there's free food all over. Plus there was a camp selling the best beef jerky (and bacon jerky) I've ever had in my entire life.

Forgot to mention too that one of the camps had the use of a 3D printer before coming out, so a bunch of them had pip boys and ray guns and crap just laying around, it was crazy.

Apparently there is a crazy huge abandoned hotel in California City too, which I would like to explore next year while in town for supplies or something.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

yellowbrickfreeway

Reaction score
oh, and did they have the thunderdome? i saw a pic with a ring in it, looked like a fighting ring
They did! They had two areas for fights, one was a cage fighting place, the other was a small Thunderdome. There is a slight pic of it, it's the one of two girls watching a fake television set in front of the thunderdome so it looks like they have HDTV with the thunderdome channel on.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads