Waking up.

photobusking

Reaction score
Website
www.photobusking.tumblr.com
Two months ago I watched my father pass away. All he ever talked about before we found out he was sick was how nice it would be to travel now that he was finally retired. When he learned he'd be limited to a wheelchair and oxygen tank, every conversation ended with him saying how nice it would have been.

I've since gone back to the minimum wage bullshit life and I know it's not cutting it for me anymore. I have been dreaming of traveling freely for at least a decade. After witnessing my dad take his last breaths, I know I need it now.

So here I am, working towards my last paycheck, dusting off my old army gear, ordering new camera batteries, and of course, saying hello to all you fine folks at StP. This is also a shout out (hope that's okay, mods?) to any train kids, hitch hikers, backpackers, and overall tramps, vagabonds and nomads in Appalachia between Roanoke VA and Asheville NC, or anyone reading this heading this way: if you want to meet up, the first beer and pizza's on me.

Looking forward to a new life and to meeting you all!
-Photobusking

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
You done well there sir on your intro and you hit the right place. Lost my Father a few years ago and my Mom is not long here either. I know the want to go. I will not really have any more ties here - where I grew up (well around it) which is why I stayed. hehe Should I stay or should I go. Go. It sounds like you have things in plan, resources in action - Do have some good fun! You might also do a thread on roaddogs and meet ups to see if you might meet up, etc with people en travel where you want to go. There are a lot of people in transit here around the world. :) Have fun again!

ATX

Reaction score
Nice intro man, sure you will find a rad road dog. I'm in NC right now and would honestly say we should meet up, but I'm about to hitch down to South America. If you want to go down south and then out West my last stop is Texas, so hit me up.

Safe travels man.

mylon

Lawn Care Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will very rarely find me being positive on here, but you sound like a good dude with your head screwed on right, so best of luck.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
got a guy here already in brazil and has been down there a while, you might want to look him up/pm him - @sucuri - he has an interesting blog set up as well if you look up his profile.

novadarling

Reaction score
welcome dude. i'm sorry to hear about your dad. one of the things that motivated me to hit the road was losing my best friend/mentor two wears ago. yea, it's taken two years to finally get up and do it. good for you though man- i'm sure your pops would be proud of you. hope to see ya on the road!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads