Waiting on winter

hahahaimnoone

Reaction score
Hey y'all... been enjoying the site so here's me joining.
Ran away from my home bound life in a moment of crisis last June... Just handed over my keys and walked away, with nothing and no plan, no research, no experience.
First person I met on the streets was a trainrider ... He started teaching me ... Wish I'd caught out with him then but I wasn't ready to leave town ... He left my ass ... Anybody see Lucky from KY around, pls tell him Hope from Avl is ready to go now lol!
Camped out in woods, parking garages, squats until November... Gave up the tent and went couch surfing at the first snow lol, I'm a pussy.
Now I'm just waiting on the weather to head back out and this time I'm hopping a train... alone, female, and green. I hate the cold, but I'm not scared :)
I completely agree with folks who trash home bumming. The shelters will bring you down. Survival on the streets is one thing, it's a skill to learn, but it's not even all that difficult. There's so much food and stuff everywhere... Traveling provides more opportunity for growth, fulfillment, freedom I think. I hope so.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
ooooo stay warm - you are getting hammered with snow and ice right now!

Reactions: hahahaimnoone
J

Johnny P

Winter traveling is rough but once you get thru one you know that you can and the next one won't be as bad... I get stir crazy as all hell when I'm winter time housed up...after three days I'm ready to go...

Good luck on your journey and be safe out on the railroad. Not everyone bout there is an idealistic traveler

I'm also dreaming of spring

Welcome to the site!

J

Johnny P

South is for the birds IMO...I like to stay a bit north and hear the cold and make lotsa bank being a cardboard technition..;-) Big Money Bum!

Enjoy those trampin stories and thanks for reading!

• Useful
Reactions: Odin
J

Johnny P

You can buy me some Whisky anytime;-)

Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed it! I need to write more but I'm limited to a smartphone these days...if I settle down again I will def write more..

misanthropicrustacian

Reaction score
the north west is great , I guess its always different reasons for myself where I choose to go , Id like to go to Maryland deathfest this year but don't have cash for tickets , yet..., I heard Asheville Is such a big traveler hub, I got a friend in Greensboro, but ive never checked out north Carolina , only passed through it. Its on my list though. well if your ever in Rhode island or southern mass. hit me up if you want to hang out, oh, and I used to have the same outlook on big cities, but you sure can take advantage of them in a lot of ways , but ya some places just plain suck

Last edited:

linno

Reaction score
Had a similar experience first time travelling as a girl alone in the French quater.... it's Def a skill but it's also so worth walking away from avoiding cuz it's just hard on the soul in the city.... I'm thinkin of heading your way next (nc) came back to honestate to recharge catch a bit of early Pennsylvania spring.... but yeah cities and it being a skill yeah ha that's shit just CRAZY tho.... I'm Def looking forward to coming to places thay are not trashed Loud ....ya...... where is good in NC for a girl to get lost in the woods???

Reactions: hahahaimnoone

hahahaimnoone

Reaction score
I hear Asheville is no true city, but still there's a street scene, meatheads, thieves... Really it's nice if you avoid downtown. Ever wanted to get on the App trail? I kinda want to just get lost in the blue ridge. But I've never seen much of the U.S. I wanna hear about making it in the French quarter lmk if you get this way and I'm still around

linno

Reaction score
I'll be in Greenville sc on Saturday
app trail sounds cool
french quater is quite the experience by the end I think I was kinda in shock but coming back to pa and staying with a good friend proved to be an important part of my journey so I'm ready to get going again. I was gifted a few amtrak tickets and lame as amtrak is, it's free travel for me and so greenville sc is next....closest stop to ashville

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads