vicious cycle of the 9-5 the mans got me man

Peace

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat! I HATE my 9-5. I have a masters degree from an Ivy league school, and now McDonald employees in nyc make more than I do ::dead::

Next fall, I'll be going back to school for my doctorates,so my plan is to quit this job in September in order to travel in my year off. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but it's the perfect time. No school, I have money saved, and I'm young- I want to go out and experience everything that I can!

It's your life, live it how you want to!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat! I HATE my 9-5. I have a masters degree from an Ivy league school, and now McDonald employees in nyc make more than I do ::dead::

Next fall, I'll be going back to school for my doctorates,so my plan is to quit this job in September in order to travel in my year off. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but it's the perfect time. No school, I have money saved, and I'm young- I want to go out and experience everything that I can!

It's your life, live it how you want to!

A doctor here!!! awesome. And yeah - if that $15/hr goes into effect - ha that's not far from where I am, but I have health ins which really is my main goal at the moment. Personally I would have walked away from this shit job 6 months ago when I knew they were messing around with it ... bf told me just get a part time in something you like to do - and then came the high end drugs I need. ick. Old boss called me and said I know you pat - you are going to walk away - do not until you have something. grrrrrr

Reactions: Mankini and Kal

Peace

Reaction score
A doctor here!!! awesome. And yeah - if that $15/hr goes into effect - ha that's not far from where I am, but I have health ins which really is my main goal at the moment. Personally I would have walked away from this shit job 6 months ago when I knew they were messing around with it ... bf told me just get a part time in something you like to do - and then came the high end drugs I need. ick. Old boss called me and said I know you pat - you are going to walk away - do not until you have something. grrrrrr

Exactly- I need the health insurance! I take 8+ pills a day. I've tried going without them, but I can't function. Luckily for me, I have a year left on my mom's insurance- after that, I have NO idea what I'm going to do. I'm actually pretty terrified.

And the McDonalds thing did pass yesterday! fast food workers inside of nyc now have a min wage of $15! Insane. It won't last though- more people to replace with machines!

Reactions: Mankini
S

Stephen O Roach

Exactly- I need the health insurance! I take 8+ pills a day. I've tried going without them, but I can't function. Luckily for me, I have a year left on my mom's insurance- after that, I have NO idea what I'm going to do. I'm actually pretty terrified.

And the McDonalds thing did pass yesterday! fast food workers inside of nyc now have a min wage of $15! Insane. It won't last though- more people to replace with machines!

Kal

Reaction score
Outside of Tampa. Florida's a LONG state, and we're really far apart (at least five hours) but if you ever get down this way, let me know. :)
Wish I was there so I could meet the both of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
In Belgium one year ago I went into a McDonalds with an automated, touch screen order board. The only employees were cooking...tech travels at varying speeds, depending on where you are. I make a point of dealing with bank tellers rather than using online banking. For one, for whatever reason, many bank tellers are hot, and bored, young women. A definite plus. Secondly we have to resist the depersonalization that American society pushes on us, at every turn. They want us to alienate ourselves from each other, to the point where human contact is obsolete because it doesn't make them any money. There is a way to escape. And have everything you need. It is the primary illusion of western civ to get people to believe that they have to play the game to fulfill their needs.

S

Stephen O Roach

In Belgium one year ago I went into a McDonalds with an automated, touch screen order board. The only employees were cooking...tech travels at varying speeds, depending on where you are. I make a point of dealing with bank tellers rather than using online banking. For one, for whatever reason, many bank tellers are hot, and bored, young women. A definite plus. Secondly we have to resist the depersonalization that American society pushes on us, at every turn. They want us to alienate ourselves from each other, to the point where human contact is obsolete because it doesn't make them any money. There is a way to escape. And have everything you need. It is the primary illusion of western civ to get people to believe that they have to play the game to fulfill their needs.
Explain me to why American,express I'm a,gold card hold holder charges me 4.25 to get cash back lol

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
The banks are our worst enemy: they always have been. I researched banking and discovered that they were present in ancient Egypt....5000 years ago. Without banks this society would be a utopia. Where the heck is Anonymous when you need em? They talk a good game but I haven't seen anything more than sophomoric pranks out of them. Stupid.

Reactions: lone wolf

lone wolf

Reaction score
The banks are our worst enemy: they always have been. I researched banking and discovered that they were present in ancient Egypt....5000 years ago. Without banks this society would be a utopia. Where the heck is Anonymous when you need em? They talk a good game but I haven't seen anything more than sophomoric pranks out of them. Stupid.
true... but it's hard to beat down an enterprise that owns everything.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads