Vancouver Island/Gulf Islands | Squat the Planet

Vancouver Island/Gulf Islands

kerouac

Reaction score
Hey folks!
I currently live in Vancouver and I've got a week off of work coming up next month and I wanna get away from this city for a while. I've thought of going to Victoria to check it out, or one of the gulf islands. Just throwing this out there to get some ideas.
What I would really like to do is spend a night or two sleeping in the woods. Anyone know of places where someone could camp for free (or really cheap) on the big island or any of the gulf islands? I will be travelling by ferry/bus/hitching so I can't get anywhere too remote. Or I might just spend a couple nights staying in Vic and check things out there if persuaded.
Let's hear what you would do if you were in my shoes pals!

Raggamuffin

Reaction score
Hey folks!
I currently live in Vancouver and I've got a week off of work coming up next month and I wanna get away from this city for a while. I've thought of going to Victoria to check it out, or one of the gulf islands. Just throwing this out there to get some ideas.
What I would really like to do is spend a night or two sleeping in the woods. Anyone know of places where someone could camp for free (or really cheap) on the big island or any of the gulf islands? I will be travelling by ferry/bus/hitching so I can't get anywhere too remote. Or I might just spend a couple nights staying in Vic and check things out there if persuaded.
Let's hear what you would do if you were in my shoes pals!

Wicked! I'm going to be heading that way soon enough too, the islands have MUCH appeal. I think I might try and make it to Pooles Land near Tofino - Eco village turned commune, work and sleep space!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads