USMC ILBE Packs

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
I think this should be known these packs use to cost $500 new and are US made.I picked up mine for $75 shipped to my door with the lid and radio compartment.I would highly reccomend these packs as they have just dropped in value on ebay as of recently you can score one for $35-$45 shipped to your door with the lid and radio compartment.

I had mine for 5 months and it took all i could dish out on it.And was extremely comfortable i really have no complaints.And i look forward to getting another one.Mine was stolen along with all my gear when i was thrown in jail.So i lost about $500 worth of crap.But all is well!

Here's some info on these packs.Its all ripstop meterial as well as being pretty dang water proof to boot.

I'm just posting this info as this is a killer deal on these packs compared to say a coleman pack or whatever else is in this price range.

http://ilbepack.com/

Just search ebay for usmc ilbe.You can get the complete system now with the day pack and hydration carrier for $80 shipped it looks like.

Overall i gotta say for that little bit of money you are getting one hell of a pack.I forget what major company made these for the usmc but they are one of the big ones.

IMO if its used by marines i think its more then strong enough to take any abuse it'll see from hopping and hitching around.I really liked how well everything was made and it feels very well balanced as well as having plenty of cooling so sweat doesn't build up.

I'd say my only complaint would be their are no side pockets.But the lid has plenty of storage.

travelin

Reaction score
I agree with everything said in the above post.

with the prices now it will be no big deal to see these on people's backs so its not like your gonna be cast as some kind of crazy survivalist for having one.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Glad you are on the rebuilding stage!

FolkYouDad

Reaction score
I just got rid of mine, to be honest I kind of hated it, mostly just cause the size, and I became a super hoarder. I got mine pretty much new, after a few weeks the zippers started breaking which was really annoying. and the frame ended up getting all twisted and pieces started falling out. maybe it's because I treat my packs like shit and just throw em off things and sit on em but all in all i ended up just trading it for an alice pack.

mumblz

Reaction score
Confirming this pack is worth its weight in precious metals. The USMC dropped them pretty quick because wearing it in conjunction w/ body armor was causing injuries (and costing more as a result).

D

Deleted member 20

I have had both ilbe & army acu 3day assault packs. All of the packs made for Iraq/afgan wars have sucked for me but... They are plentifull & inexpensive on cl. Broken zippers & shoulder straps are common. They are heavy even when empty too. Ilbe is just too big for me.

yoder

Reaction score
Now dont get me wrong the ilbe is nice but its outdated

Its all about the FILBE 80L pack
Usmc current issue
designed after the Alice pack....
Wider rather than taller
Creating a better center of gravity=more maneuverable

Hands down best backpack I have ever owned
Think of your favorite ALICE pack
Then upgrade it to be
water resistant
1000 denier fabric
molle webbing everywhere
cinch straps everywhere

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391500613378.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391500613378.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,257
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391500628322.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391500628322.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 592
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391500752350.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391500752350.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 600
D

Deleted member 20

It does look nice as they do when they are new. 80 liters is a bit much for me, Im sure its heavy even empty, just as poorly made as with other contractors & expensive since newest gen USMC gear. As a former US Marine I will tell you that it wont be as well made as you wish, the fact that it comes with a repair pack is interesting & not common. I guess it all depends on how you are traveling. The hidration pack is massive. I like how the main pack has the sleep system section.
I personally only carry an acu 3 day assault pack. Let us know how it is.

mumblz

Reaction score
Looks awesome, but I agree with highwayman on 80L being too big (for my needs anyway)....also $300 dafuq.. the ILBE's price is my selling point. I'm traumatized by external frame ALICE

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
The ILBE is really heavy. I think that would kill it for me.

I have a 100L berghaus rucksack, traditional style with one main pouch, two zip-off side poouches, and a couple lid pouches. Weighs a few pounds empty, and does the job quite well. Got it for about $150 I think.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads