Uninhabited Patience Island

rusty

Reaction score

Cool, yeah hit me up whenever you're back around here. I'm always down for kayaking/canoeing/boating/fun and the later in the spring/summer the better, really (aka the warmer the water the better). I have access to a couple of kayaks (one of which can hold two people) and my friend Sam has a kayak and she's always down for fun shit too. Have fun in Richmond (I'm guessing Virginia and not the southern RI town). It's probably too cold for Hadad's but if not & you've never been check it out. It rules.

damn near 90 today, might have to go. id be a lil early for best friends day though :p

Irate Pirate

Reaction score
damn near 90 today, might have to go. id be a lil early for best friends day though :p

Haha, that's the only time I ever went to Hadad's Lake. I think '08? That whole weekend is a hazy drunk blur but I remember I kept running into people I hadn't seen in a long time there. I vaguely recall seeing Brainworms and I think Shellshag? Then some of the people in Polka Madre got into it with one or two or five of the bouncers and that was the end of the show that day.

Gypsy McNomad

Reaction score
What's up folks, I'm game for the island adventure, I live right in providence, maybe we can meet at a certain spot soon and go check it out? Im actually working right across from patience island in quidnessett, I've been to hog island, that's a cool spot but I'm all for checking out patience :D

Irate Pirate

Reaction score
What's up folks, I'm game for the island adventure, I live right in providence, maybe we can meet at a certain spot soon and go check it out? Im actually working right across from patience island in quidnessett, I've been to hog island, that's a cool spot but I'm all for checking out patience :D

Hey dude! I'm still all about going in a couple/few weeks. No definite set date or anything yet but I still want to go check shit out and take some kayaks (or canoes or whatever you have/we can get our hands on) out there. When's good for you?

Gypsy McNomad

Reaction score
Hey dude! I'm still all about going in a couple/few weeks. No definite set date or anything yet but I still want to go check shit out and take some kayaks (or canoes or whatever you have/we can get our hands on) out there. When's good for you?

Hey me n another dude from here went 2 weeks ago, left from e.g with a kayak to patience it was pretty sick but coming back on the yak thru the bay was not so smart that current is no joke w high tide, we could've got capsized quick..

Irate Pirate

Reaction score
Hey me n another dude from here went 2 weeks ago, left from e.g with a kayak to patience it was pretty sick but coming back on the yak thru the bay was not so smart that current is no joke w high tide, we could've got capsized quick..

Damn, that's scary! I thought that it might be kinda shitty in a kayak or canoe going back & forth from the mainland that's why I was thinking of taking the ferry to Prudence Island and heading out from there. Did you get out and walk around or just stay in the water? Are you down for going back in a few weeks/whenever people wanna go? Get any pictures? Glad y'all made back okay. Thanks for the info!

Souza1969

Reaction score
We used to camp on Patience as kids.....that was a long fucking time ago! Haven't been out there in 30 years. My grandfather owned a commercial fishing boat out of Portsmouth. Me and my brother would take the inflatable for over nights.

Irate Pirate

Reaction score
We used to camp on Patience as kids.....that was a long fucking time ago! Haven't been out there in 30 years. My grandfather owned a commercial fishing boat out of Portsmouth. Me and my brother would take the inflatable for over nights.

Oh shit, that's awesome. Nobody probably gave a shit if you camped out there back then. Could you see Rocky Point (the park) from there? I still haven't been out there yet (because it's always fucking raining & cold!!) but I will definitely take & post pictures when I do. Thanks for the comment, @Souza1969 

Reactions: Souza1969

Irate Pirate

Reaction score
@Souza1969
I figured you probably could see it. I remember that place being pretty bright & pretty loud at night. That's wicked cool though. It must have been great having the whole island to yourselves.

For those that don't know about it or never got the chance to go, Rocky Point was a local amusement park in Warwick RI that was around for 150 years or so. It's closed in the mid 90's.

Souza1969

Reaction score
The Point was always the end of school year field trip when I was in middle school. We always had a good time. They were also famous for their fried clams and cakes. Which I believe the food end of the business still exist on Post Rd in Warwick.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads