2016 Jamboree - U-Haul to Slabs(close) leaving Thu | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree U-Haul to Slabs(close) leaving Thu

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
----------

Edit: Found a second driver. Now I am offering rides south. Leaving tomorrow afternoon and bombing down I-5. Can drop you somewhere about 80 mi from Slab City. Can't be certain how many can fit until the truck gets loaded.

There is a time constraint around this run, so you gotta be near the interstate.

----------

So...

This opportunity just popped up for me: Know someone moving THIS WEEK from PDX to Palm Springs, CA. He wants to pay two licensed people to help load, drive, and help unload a 26-ft truck.

This would be a paid flat rate, plus expenses including a flight back, if you need it. The destination is approx. 80 miles from Niland, so yeah.

I'm going to fly back in order to hopefully buy a truck, then drive to Slabs.

Last edited:

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I've operated freight trains plenty, U-Hauls are a breeze. I'm in Central California looking to get to Slab City in time for the jamboree and this totally looks like something that could work for me. I wouldn't be any help loading up north but the unloading portion I can do no fusses. Since this appears to be a paying gig, I don't want to cripple the next guy or girl who could use it more than myself.. I'm by no means wealthy but I'm sure someone else out there is worse off.. so, I guess keep me in mind if nobody else chimes in.

Reactions: Rob Nothing

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
Love that, homie. I think I got things figured out for this one. I have big plans of being a work mercenary, though. And, hopefully, with a truck.

Going from leather to rubber trucking will find be more work. There's a chance I hit you on the way for help, but also to just take the ride. Or even some other thing some other day. Can definitely get you much closer, if that works.

Good lookin. See you there, no matter.

I've operated freight trains plenty, U-Hauls are a breeze.

I've done long U-Hauls. Not sweatin' that, but this guy wants 2 to share and make better time. I wouldn't mind learning what you've learned about trains one day. Don't know shit.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads