Tyler 'T bone' Mohler | Squat the Planet

Tyler 'T bone' Mohler

D

Deleted member 125

My best friend, Tyler Mohler was born on 24 August, 1983 and passed on January 13th, 2017 surrounded by family and friends.

Tyler was a resident of Chandler, Indiana at the time of his passing.

He had a lot of friends in the community. He was a fool and taught me how to ride.

He died from alcohol and wasn't much older than me. He and his partner had lived with me and mine not to long before his death and instead of insisting he get help I kicked him out due to my own problems with alcohol. I just couldn't stand to watch him continue to kill himself. It is without doubt the biggest regret of my entire life.

He was a train fanatic and loved and respected everything about the culture. He spent time at the bbcrc building a garden.

I miss my friend very much I hope others had the pleasure of knowing this goofy drunk bastard.

IMG_2413.JPG

IMG_2414.JPG

IMG_2415.JPG

IMG_2417.JPG

Ironweed

Reaction score
I miss my friend very much I hope others had the pleasure of knowing this goofy drunk bastard.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the loss of your freind. I've seen what booze does to fellow roadsters. My good friend Stretch lost his battle to alcohol. He was a Hobo king and is buried in Britt. It was sad to watch his decline. His body could not take it anymore.

Booze and the road seem to go together, but they really don't. Never have. Yes, it can get boring out there, but getting socked isn't worth it. Iv'e seen it cause accidents, loss of life, you name it.

Anyway, best to you.

O

outlawloose

I only met T-Bone once at last years Bolympics, but since his passing I've heard many great stories and seen lots of photos of the good times he shared with our mutual friends. RIP Tyler. He'll be looking down on us from the westbound boxcar in the sky!

D

Deleted member 125

I'll add photos when I can but right now I am unable to because my computer is being worked on. There's so much more to say.

(Photos added to top of thread).

Billy Cougar White

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Brings to light a quote I read in a hobo book once....dont stop traveling, don't start drinking.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
that sucks. The one time i met him was at black butte, he and some other folks were benching there as i rode slowly by after catching out of dunsmuir and i threw a box of dumpstered tomatoes at them, caught him square in the face with a tomato pretty much by accident and he immediately laughed and saluted

Reactions: Rob Nothing
D

Deleted member 125

It really makes me smile to hear how many folks had even a few experiences with him. Thank you everyone who's been replying.

O

outlawloose

This is the only photo I have of T-bone. You can't even see his face but thats him going up against Dana with only one leg. Sure enough he won but took the title humbly!
The rest of the pics are from homies they've since uploaded. I know hes remembered by many good folks!

91130020.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 5.25.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 5.25.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 5.26.01 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Rob Nothing
D

Deleted member 125

This is the only photo I have of T-bone. You can't even see his face but thats him going up against Dana with only one leg. Sure enough he won but took the title humbly!
The rest of the pics are from homies they've since uploaded. I know hes remembered by many good folks!

View attachment 35108

View attachment 35110
View attachment 35111 View attachment 35112

he was so stoked for that year he got a ride from days n daze at some point getting there and called me asking what they sounded like and i was like "yer gonna hate em".

also i do believe kelly has pissed himself in that last picture hahaha.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads