Trying to track down my half sister | Squat the Planet

Trying to track down my half sister

saria wanders

Reaction score
This may be a long shot....and I'm not sure if she is still alive, but I am trying to reconnect with my half sister. Her name is Deann Farrell and she goes by Dee for short. Birthday 10/14/67. Mother was Frances Milano. She moved to California I think around 1999. She kept in contact for a bit but communications cut off abruptly. My family is shitty and actively trying to withhold info from me so I have no idea what part of California. I've heard varying stories from her having a serious health condition to her possibly going to jail but I haven't been able to find records of anything and don't have enough information to be able to narrow down the search. I don't even have a picture of her. I doubt I have any chance of finding her with so little information to go by but I wanted to try and dna tests and hours searching through social media etc has not gotten me anywhere.

saria wanders

Reaction score
Thank you! I've tried looking at facebook profiles and using whatever free people searches I could find.... the only potential match I found had too much family by the last name Farrell in Cali so couldn't have been her. My immediate family is all in Connecticut.

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I know it's best to find someone through free resources as much as possible. However, I used Truth Finder for a fee and found a close friend I lost contact with. I also found two past friends I haven't seen for years. It was worth my money. Good Luck!

• Useful
Reactions: Juan Derlust

WanderLost

Reaction score
You might end up having to hire a private investigator. They're pretty good at finding people. My uncle took off and tried to not be found for like 10 years and finally my aunt hired one and found him. That'd be like a last resort though.

• Useful

saria wanders

Reaction score
If I ever have money but i dunno how much that would cost.... the thing that kills me is my family has postcards and such that would have a return address but they're refusing to give me that information. :( All I've been able to pull up online is marriage records and divorce records from my dad's first marriage to her mother. I really appreciate the effort though Juan, that was cool of you to try.

saria wanders

Reaction score
I've been trying to talk to different family members and was able to get more info!! First off her first name is actually Frances, So it's Frances Deann Farrell. Was able to find an address from 1991 I guess? 204 W Walnut (not sure if st or ave) Monrovia CA. Apparently one attempt to track her down was made in 2013 through SSA but after 9/11 they would not release the information?? I don't think that was her last address since I'm told she was living in a trailer park in Connecticut by 1994-ish... and then moved back to California... will try to find out more since I'm getting conflicting stories from different people.

Last edited:
  • Useful

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads