Truck Roof Racks | Squat the Planet

Truck Roof Racks

D

Deleted member 23824

If you are an avid Craigslister, as I am, you can find them there if you are paient. People damage them - sometimes very minor - then give them away instead of repairing. I am talking Thule and Yakima, which cost big bucks.

Don’t know where in California you are, but here is a cheap Thule for sale:

There are actually lots for sale on C.L. pretty cheap at any given time.

Last edited:
Reactions: cwrussell123

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i agree with @Faceplant, as someone that has looked into these storage boxes, they are exorbitantly expensive a lot of the time ($500+). you're best off looking at craigslist or (shudder) FB marketplace for used versions.

some alternatives you might consider would be this one from amazon, which is huge for the price ($220), I can fit my entire body in it:

Amazon.com: JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier | 18 cu. ft | Waterproof | Made in USA: Automotive - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078WK774N/?tag=squattheplan-20

additionally, if you want to go to the super-cheap route, this collapsing weather-proof roof bag is actually quite good, i used it for a cross country trip and it worked great ($60):

Amazon.com: Keeper 07203-1 Waterproof Roof Top Cargo Bag (15 Cubic Feet): Automotive - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D9C2CDO/?tag=squattheplan-20

Johny

Reaction score
I used this one from Omaha through South Dakota to butte Montana down through yellowstone and denver/Colorado springs back to Omaha with my tool boxes on it an ax and a shovel , it was super cheap ill ask my girl where she ordered it it was like $60 or something and did EXACTLY what your wanting cleared space in our truck to move around .

Attachments

• 0716201517_HDR.jpg
    0716201517_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 223

Johny

Reaction score
.....im actually wanting to but a second one to clear up even more space and probably another husky tool box ($50 and water proof) .
Works great I just organized everything in dry bags so I new what was what by the color of the bottom of the bag so i didnt have to sort through a mountain of stuff and have a bum explosion looking for socks lol

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads