treehouse squat in bc anyone?

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
okay im totally interested. wont be heading out till maybe june, so if this is still in production then im totally in. ive been learning all about some old school alchemy techniques to make tinctures for use in medicine and i have some pretty decent building/growing skills. Jesse, ima send you a message on Facebook if thats cool. Definitely want the info.

mh165503

Reaction score
I am interested in joining you. Please let me know. I am not a computer fan and i hope you got this message. I am new to this site but not to living outside. Wish to make tree living a reality with sweat! hit me back i could bring my savings if this a serous endeavorer. Maybe we could even meet up at rainbow in one month in Washington state. Also it may be a good idea to build a few structures in the ground for winters sake. This may be our most difficult time. In any case i love this site and its sweet to meet up with like minded people! I was beginning to believe most come out the mold pre-programed with words like "Clean Coal"--I live in Tennessee---nuff said. Hit me back im serious and you sound like you have more experience than me when it comes to sustainable living.

Hit me back
-Matt

Dead horse

Reaction score
AWESOME idea I'm more of the lone wolf type never really had much use for prolonged company so i can only really envy you in your awesome endevour .. I hope you guys get drunk as fuck and have a great time... don't forget the guitars :)

stinky

Reaction score
Funny, my buddy and I built a tree house squat in 2006 in Whistler. Made it through the Olympics and just keeps getting better. We used chloroplast for walls (waterproof and very light, mildew resistant also). The trick is to make the roof clear! We used Palruf, it is a clear ridged plastic. No mold, and you have natural light all day long. We made a high loft quilt that hooks onto the ceiling at night and keeps it nice and warm in the winter. We have a small wood stove that keeps the place nice and toasty. In a couple weeks we are going to have an outdoor movie night. I'm bringing a projector and laptop, from the side deck we will project the movie between two trees on a white tarp (bungied between). Trick is to have a water source near by and to stock pile wood. No one has found it yet. Always open and ready to be used. We even have a tree house sign in book if you do happen to find it. Our hope is that if it is found it will be found by respectful people. As my buddy says, "animals" don't walk. They drive up light a fire, leave garbage and leave. You can't drive up. We wanted something fairly accessible, no ferries!

Bennis

Reaction score
Funny, my buddy and I built a tree house squat in 2006 in Whistler. Made it through the Olympics and just keeps getting better. We used chloroplast for walls (waterproof and very light, mildew resistant also). The trick is to make the roof clear! We used Palruf, it is a clear ridged plastic. No mold, and you have natural light all day long. We made a high loft quilt that hooks onto the ceiling at night and keeps it nice and warm in the winter. We have a small wood stove that keeps the place nice and toasty. In a couple weeks we are going to have an outdoor movie night. I'm bringing a projector and laptop, from the side deck we will project the movie between two trees on a white tarp (bungied between). Trick is to have a water source near by and to stock pile wood. No one has found it yet. Always open and ready to be used. We even have a tree house sign in book if you do happen to find it. Our hope is that if it is found it will be found by respectful people. As my buddy says, "animals" don't walk. They drive up light a fire, leave garbage and leave. You can't drive up. We wanted something fairly accessible, no ferries!
Do we get any hints as to where it is? :D I'm up on the sunshine coast for winter and my buddy and i are building kayaks to get around. Maybe we'll come through and say hi.

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
yo folks did this really happen? I'm on the island and want to find old friends and spend some time out in the woods with my dog. hopefully ya'll got yer shit together and started something out on hornby or anywhere really. PM me if ya'll did get this on the go and are welcomeing of new folks for a quick minute.

Bennis

Reaction score
Hey, some people and i are creating a self-sustaining society and need people with skills to help out. If you have some skills and are interested in a work trade for food and shelter (that you build yourself with assistance and materials) send me a message.

Bennis

Reaction score
Hey, some people and i are creating a self-sustaining society and need people with skills to help out. If you have some skills and are interested in a work trade for food and shelter (that you build yourself with assistance and materials) send me a message.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads