Treating fentanyl OD | Squat the Planet

Treating fentanyl OD

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Vice posted an article recently about 9 fentanyl overdoses happening within 20 minutes, in Vancouver recently.

I never heard about it, so I looked into it for safety measures and first aid.

Basically, don't use alone (especially if its a dealer/drug you're not familiar with, and have a naloxone kit somewhere (and know how to use it!!)

More info about Naloxone here

K

Kim Chee

I understand that fentanyl is being used to increase the potency of some street drugs.

Fentanyl is plenty strong and there is VERY little difference between a sought after high and overdose. You can easily take it and not know it.

roguetrader

Reaction score
sadly I think this situation is only going to get worse in the US and Canada - I read a convincing post on r / opiates that we are now entering 'The Fentanyl Era' - weak heroin is being cut with Fentanyl to up potency ; the thing is this stuff is thousands of times stronger than diamorphine and dealers are putting way too much in with deadly results.... Fentanyl is also easy to make in Underground Labs which is another reason it's getting to be widespread.... How many more people gotta die before those in power realise that the War on Drugs ain't working and legalisation / prescription is the only sane way forward - with a regular script an addict can have a 'normal' productive life....

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
is Naloxone legal to carry with everywhere? I dont do opioids, but i have run into or stayed places where people are... i avoid junkies but i don't want anyone to overdose. lost people i knew to these sorts of drugs. how stupid would it be if you couldn't carry the solution in a medical kit as a just in case..

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
is Naloxone legal to carry with everywhere?

I don't know for sure, but I dont see why it wouldnt be legal, since it's prescription-free, and I dont think you can get high off it. From what I understand, it just breaks down opiates to shorten/soften you trip, saving from an OD

Skidkidfox

Reaction score
is Naloxone legal to carry with everywhere?.
Naloxone is legal to carry in north America, not sure about other places but I imagine it would be. However I know that in Canada at least, not just anyone can go get it. You need to take a course on proper administration and you need to be an addict to obtain a kit. Most cops don't even carry them in Vancouver. Which literally shocked me. I had a cop stop me while shooting in an ally and when I told him I had a naloxone kit he was like intrigued and asked if he could look at it/if I could explain how to use it. Him nor his partner had any idea what the kits even looked like. How fucked up is that?!

B

BoBeaux

I was prescribed 150mg of fentanyl and up to 50mg of oxycodones a day. Happy to say that was a battle I fought and won. I feel for the people that are prisoners to addiction and offer any help I can. You can be free from it if you want it bad enough.

AaronOnTheRoad

Reaction score
I know this is an old post but this information is worth posting. I've over dosed on the shit. You can't treat an over dose without narcan. When i over dosed i just snorted the shit and sat down in my chair next thing that happened i woke up in the ambulance. There isn't no coming back without narcan.

Reactions: PinkLore

Thenisia

Reaction score
Website
www.kreayze.tumblr.com
I know this is an old post but this information is worth posting. I've over dosed on the shit. You can't treat an over dose without narcan. When i over dosed i just snorted the shit and sat down in my chair next thing that happened i woke up in the ambulance. There isn't no coming back without narcan.

Would that be beneficial to have for other drugs that are becoming more commonly cut with fentanyl? I've heard coke becoming more common, and it worries me.

Linda Hansen

Reaction score
sadly I think this situation is only going to get worse in the US and Canada - I read a convincing post on r / opiates that we are now entering 'The Fentanyl Era' - weak heroin is being cut with Fentanyl to up potency ; the thing is this stuff is thousands of times stronger than diamorphine and dealers are putting way too much in with deadly results.... Fentanyl is also easy to make in Underground Labs which is another reason it's getting to be widespread.... How many more people gotta die before those in power realise that the War on Drugs ain't working and legalisation / prescription is the only sane way forward - with a regular script an addict can have a 'normal' productive life....
I'm not sure that having scripts would actually work. But something has got to give!

AaronOnTheRoad

Reaction score
Would that be beneficial to have for other drugs that are becoming more commonly cut with fentanyl? I've heard coke becoming more common, and it worries me.
don't mess with cocaine but i used to smoke meth. Besides the point tbh never heard of it in coke

Reactions: Thenisia

kriminalmisfit

Reaction score
Narcan is good to have even if you're not an opiate user. Some cities like pdx the heroin is crazy out there and you never know when you might need it. Even if u use coke.. I would suggest obtaining some naloxone in case of cross contamination or evil motherfuckers lacing their shit

townes

Reaction score
Website
www.thisartworkdoesnotexist.com
Fentanyl never used to be a huge problem because the only way to get it was to cop the patches.

Now, what people are saying is that Chinese manufacturers are doing fent and fent analogues shipments into the us and canada.

The fent analogues are even more potent and they are cheap as hell. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 bucks a g. Which doesnt sound all that great but a gram of that crap will keep you high for a long time.

So damn dangerous and I never thought Id see the day where shooting dope seemed tame in comparison to what people are now bringing to the party. Glad i wised up.

All this fent shit started ramping up 3 to 4 years ago out on the east coast US. A few places in Eastern Europe have had the problem for decades. This is probably the beginning of an ongoing situation.

If your using fent just remember that it could be any number of these dirty analogues.

If you are using right now and you feel like you have to then SMOKE it. Its the safest way.

The safest way to use the worlds most potent and killer drug :(

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Naloxone is legal to carry in north America, not sure about other places but I imagine it would be. However I know that in Canada at least, not just anyone can go get it. You need to take a course on proper administration and you need to be an addict to obtain a kit. Most cops don't even carry them in Vancouver. Which literally shocked me. I had a cop stop me while shooting in an ally and when I told him I had a naloxone kit he was like intrigued and asked if he could look at it/if I could explain how to use it. Him nor his partner had any idea what the kits even looked like. How fucked up is that?!

I did my course, and they handed out the kits. You dont need to be an addict to get it.

Also, she explained why cops don't have the kits. Apparently it's for liability reasons. The process of administering Narcan is physical, so they could be charged with police brutality.

I call bullshit on that, because of the good samaritan act (it applies to cops, doesnt it?), but thats what she told me anyway

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Good to know, last I read you couldn't test for fentanyl

The problem is that fentanyl sticks to itself. So you could have a grain of fentanyl in your bag (enough to kill you), but the sample didnt have the grain in it.

Time4Change

Reaction score
I highly HIGHLY recommend anyone who's dependent on opioids check out the herb Kratom while it's sill legal (the medical mafia wants to ban it) It's a brand new class of opioid plant that doesn't cause respiratory depression so there's no risk of ODing - yet it's still very effective.

Have seen first hand life changing benefits from Kratom;

https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/new/

Reactions: sd40chef and Odin

PinkLore

Reaction score
I did my course, and they handed out the kits. You dont need to be an addict to get it.

Also, she explained why cops don't have the kits. Apparently it's for liability reasons. The process of administering Narcan is physical, so they could be charged with police brutality.

I call bullshit on that, because of the good samaritan act (it applies to cops, doesnt it?), but thats what she told me anyway

That shit makes me sick to think about. How horrible people are to each other. ❤

PinkLore

Reaction score
I highly HIGHLY recommend anyone who's dependent on opioids check out the herb Kratom while it's sill legal (the medical mafia wants to ban it) It's a brand new class of opioid plant that doesn't cause respiratory depression so there's no risk of ODing - yet it's still very effective.

Have seen first hand life changing benefits from Kratom;

https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/new/

I love Kratom. This is just individually...but i think anyone could benift from it if they really could get the alternative or maybe they want to quit. But Kratom is amazing.

Reactions: WanderLost Radical

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads