Traveling with a child

D

Deleted member 125

@marmar if you would like to set the reactions differently on my tablet so that they are easier for me to read i wouldn't be upset about it. I apparently offend you by me having bad vision so let me say that I'm very sorry that I upset you with my initial button tap, as you stated I meant to disagree, not to dislike yer comment. I fixed it though as you pointed out, I'm really sorry about this misunderstanding and I honestly hope we can both move on with our lives and not clutter up op's post with yer opinion of me not being the friendliest mod. Have a nice day.

PrisMiQue

Reaction score
@Tony Pro thank you for sharing!
I hope to show Zeke (my son) different ways of living to open his mind up.
I’ve always valued my traveling experiences and I know how good it is for well being.
His father has very little experience traveling. I hope to bring them both to it, I know they’ll love it!

PrisMiQue

Reaction score
@marmar so awesome!
Hope to buy some type of RV at some point and hit the road!
Festivals sound fun and like a great idea. I’ll have to look into what’s going on this summer and start planning!
I’m really excited :) thank you for sharing your insights and experiences!

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
What up? My life now is travelling in an RV for work from jobsite to jobsite with a partner and 2-year old. Riding in the RV is way easier with the kid than riding in a car, we have her carseat in the front seat and she loves the view from the "bus". It has it's challenges, keeping the plumbing, electrical, heat, A/C, and automotive systems of an RV or bus conversion running are all important but when you have a kid and a job it's pretty darn pertinent to not have one of them break.
Probably going to try to be settled down by the time she starts kindergarten. One, it's free childcare, and two, far bigger, i think it's important to be able to grow social relationships and friends outside of your weirdo parents.
How did it work with you Marmar- did you homeschool or just get off road for the summer?
I agree with whoever said that it's no harder than just having a 2-year old in general. It's pretty darn time-consuming in any case and there is a lot of screaming kid and lost sleep and logistical challenges but I don't feel the logistical challenges are much harder in the RV than they were in a crappy apt in the hood.
I do feel it gives kids a perspective that is a great opportunity, a depth of perspective and an understanding of faraway places, cultural differences, geography, etc. Kids that never get to leave their hometown are deprived IMHO

Reactions: marmar

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
What up? My life now is travelling in an RV for work from jobsite to jobsite with a partner and 2-year old. Riding in the RV is way easier with the kid than riding in a car, we have her carseat in the front seat and she loves the view from the "bus". It has it's challenges, keeping the plumbing, electrical, heat, A/C, and automotive systems of an RV or bus conversion running are all important but when you have a kid and a job it's pretty darn pertinent to not have one of them break.
Probably going to try to be settled down by the time she starts kindergarten. One, it's free childcare, and two, far bigger, i think it's important to be able to grow social relationships and friends outside of your weirdo parents.
How did it work with you Marmar- did you homeschool or just get off road for the summer?
I agree with whoever said that it's no harder than just having a 2-year old in general. It's pretty darn time-consuming in any case and there is a lot of screaming kid and lost sleep and logistical challenges but I don't feel the logistical challenges are much harder in the RV than they were in a crappy apt in the hood.
I do feel it gives kids a perspective that is a great opportunity, a depth of perspective and an understanding of faraway places, cultural differences, geography, etc. Kids that never get to leave their hometown are deprived IMHO

Yeah I sent him to kindergarten, altho I didn't want to, but there was some circumstances with court involved and they forced me to enroll kid in school. Which thankfully he liked right away, because of the social aspect of it. So after kindergarten we travelled in the summers. It was difficult for me, to get used to the around the school schedule but for the kid it worked

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads