Traveling the 101 (1 Viewer)

Tree Huggin

Alright, so here in week, my jobless ass is going to hop in my van with my kitty cat named Mister, and me and my boyfriend are setting off for the west coast. Now I have been to the coast once when I was nine with my family so needless to say I don't know a lot about Oregon. So what I need room ya'll is to give me all your most favorite Oregon and California spots along the coast. Any lakes, hotsprings, hikes, or fun adventurous places that you know of. I will be traveling on highway 101, kinda, for the most part. Unless a different road looks more exciting at that moment in time for me. Also if your near there and your a chill hippie like me.. we should hang out. I'll need locals to talk to along the way!

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

AAAutin

Nomad
– Oregon Islands (Bandon, OR)
– Jedidiah Smith ("Jedi") State Park (Del Norte County, CA)
– Avenue of the Giants (Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA)
– Marin Headlands (Marin County, CA)
– San Francisco, CA (the whole damned thing!)

That's what I have for the 101 proper; however, I recommend switching to the 1 either before—but certainly after—SF.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Website
www.youtube.com
The Tillimook cheese factory tour is fun.
I would totally go see that. :D

Um... as for San F... I had Peking duck there and saw some idiots break dance at some yuppie club years ago...

I still wanna hang out by the Golden Gate and do stupid shit by the fishers man warf? market? wherever.

D

Deleted member 21003

I deleted myself
Short Beach by Netarts used to be cool, it has a secret stair case, just head towards the lighthouse and look for cars parked on the side of the road. Really good place to pick up little zeolite clusters, jasper and other neat rocks! There is also some not so bad camping around Hebo on that mountain, I went to regional gathering there once... If you need a break from society. Finally if you like abandoned junk, go outta Garibaldi and look for Foss road. You can walk the old POTB tracks out to a bunch of abandoned stuff and there shouldn't be a lot of folks out there because of the weather... Have fun! Stay safe!

Timothy Englert

Wayfarer
Website
tenglert.com
Alright, so here in week, my jobless ass is going to hop in my van with my kitty cat named Mister, and me and my boyfriend are setting off for the west coast. Now I have been to the coast once when I was nine with my family so needless to say I don't know a lot about Oregon. So what I need room ya'll is to give me all your most favorite Oregon and California spots along the coast. Any lakes, hotsprings, hikes, or fun adventurous places that you know of. I will be traveling on highway 101, kinda, for the most part. Unless a different road looks more exciting at that moment in time for me. Also if your near there and your a chill hippie like me.. we should hang out. I'll need locals to talk to along the way!
101 in Oregon is a magical road!
I had the best hitch hike of my life on 101.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $50.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $50.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $50.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
asphyxia1983