Traveling Dogs.. Breeds?

K

Kim Chee

I've got a ridgeless Rhodesian Ridgeback that is an incredible dog, they were bred to hunt lions and other big game in S Africa.They can keep up with a running horse for 30 miles, are immune to insect bites, can withstand extreme heat and cold, can go without food or water for a long time, and are really intelligent.

This breed seems so magical that I may just go out and steal one.

Mei

Reaction score
Pit Bull Labrador mixes are excellent traveling dogs. They generally combine the loyalty and protectiveness of the Pit Bull with the trainability of the Labrador. Great dogs, and if they're ambiguous looking you can get away with traveling through BSL areas with them

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
I've got a ridgeless Rhodesian Ridgeback that is an incredible dog, they were bred to hunt lions and other big game in S Africa.
The Ridgeback's 'ridge' is actually a form of spinabifida, it's a genetic defect.
When breeders have ridgeless pups put to sleep they are actually culling the healthy pups and keeping the genetically feeble ones.
I'm glad you managed to get a ridgeless one, I bet your dog will live a lot longer than a "show quality" one would.

Reactions: Mei
K

Kim Chee

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
I think practically every dog would enjoy a life on the road to just about anything else. If anyone wants to understand first hand the problem with capitalism they need to go to an animal shelter. They breed 'em for massive profits, tax payers fund the the high kill shelters like an assembly line. People like PETA and the AKC serve as a propaganda machines promoting mass euthenasia, 48hr kill and BSL while getting funding from sodium pentobarbital manufactorers.

K

Kim Chee

I know that I'd rather adopt a shelter dog but the animal shelter here won't let dirty kids adopt dogs
If you're serious about it, gitchyerassinthere and volunteer. The people who decide whether or not you get one of their animals should be able to tell rather quickly if you are the kind of person who they would like to see with a dog.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads