traveling advice

noah

Reaction score
Hi, im noah, nice to meet you too, anyway, i have this desire to travel, not really sure why BUT im sure lots of you have similar desires, at one point i could just drive where i wanted to go because i had a job and was good at saving money and gas prices where high but not unreasonable, now, i have no job, and gas prices are above what i want to pay, what im asking for is some advice, yes i get you hop trains and hitchhike, but im not planning on leaving my dog behind, he's half wolf an wouldnt do well alone or with another owner, not like i would leave him behind anyway, i want to know how to get around with my dog, how to hop trains with him, hitch hike or whatever, i know people do it, i know people that hop with dogs but ive never actually been at all instructed on how to do it.

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
hello, its not hard to travel with a dog as long as hes well behaved. if he barks i wouldnt get on a train with him. my dog barks so no train for her. but shes a great hitchin dog. and if you want to go just go and have fun and be safe

heavywrists

Reaction score
noah-i just randomly stumbled upon this thread & couldnt not reply to it because i knooowww you! so hello. :)
if you ever want a travel buddy let me know, im still in hood river (for the time being), maybe you are too.

-chyna.

Tanner

Reaction score
its a good idea to get his tags as well, i traveled with a lot of kids that have dogs that arent registered. you can avoid a lot of shit from cops if he has tags. petco also has great dumpsters for dog food. they throw away tons of if. your dog is a money maker as well, people love dogs. good luck

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
even if you have a dog regerstered somewhere cops will tell you that if you stay in one city for more than 30days you have to get them regestered there also. and since they have no real way of telling how long you have been somewhere they will still give you shit if they want to. i have had it happen many of times.

D

Deleted member 20

I agree you should get some id for yourself & your wolfdog. Then hit the road. There is no time like the present to get out there & be free. I envy your youth & only having a dog as the thing holding you up. I got bills, kids, a decent fucking job, apt, carloan ,insurance, bunch of useless shit aquired over a lifetime. I once was free, now I am chained down by my own decisions.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
cute picture

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads