trash fucking trash everywhere | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

trash fucking trash everywhere

Wawa

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I'll carry my trash with me for days on a bike if I have to rather then ditching it in the woods, but all the same I have mixed feeling about it.

The problem isn't trash not being put in the right place, the problem is that we have non composting materials that we dispose of after a single use. Consider that for most of human history, our "trash" was all plant, animal, or mineral castoffs. Midden heaps. Poop and shells, rotten hides and mouldy grain. Stuff that eventually goes away if you throw it out the window. Now our trash sticks around, so we bury it out of sight and mind. Trashed roads and parks and trails, woods and beaches are ugly, but maybe we need that uglyiness to remind us that THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM.

That being said... yeah I still clean up after myself and others because it feels like the right thing to do.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The problem isn't trash not being put in the right place, the problem is that we have non composting materials that we dispose of after a single use.

Consider that for most of human history, our "trash" was all plant, animal, or mineral castoffs. Midden heaps. Poop and shells, rotten hides and mouldy grain. Stuff that eventually goes away if you throw it out the window.

Yup... I basically said the same thing in previous posts. A clay cup is not a plastic cup. :S

Re-purposing the non decomposables is a way to go though. Check out that garbage warrior doc I posted up prev page.

Reactions: sean p

Wawa

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Will do... in a few days when I have wifi instead of a tiny pittance of mobile data. Seriously am going to appreciate the bounty of free hotspots in the US when I get back.

hermitdan

Reaction score
I've been staying at Ocean Beach CA for a couple months in my van. There are hundreds of travelers living rough or in their vehicles. The litterbugs really piss off the locals! I often pick up extra trash when walking to a garbage can with my stuff. What really gripes me are the assholes that pee on the rolls of toilet paper in the beach bathrooms or plug the toilets, so no one can use them. I get as hopeless as the next guy about politics, the economy, the police, etc. But don't see the point in making everyone else around ticked off or miserable.

Reactions: sean p and Odin

sean p

Reaction score
I'll carry my trash with me for days on a bike if I have to rather then ditching it in the woods, but all the same I have mixed feeling about it.

The problem isn't trash not being put in the right place, the problem is that we have non composting materials that we dispose of after a single use. Consider that for most of human history, our "trash" was all plant, animal, or mineral castoffs. Midden heaps. Poop and shells, rotten hides and mouldy grain. Stuff that eventually goes away if you throw it out the window. Now our trash sticks around, so we bury it out of sight and mind. Trashed roads and parks and trails, woods and beaches are ugly, but maybe we need that uglyiness to remind us that THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM.

That being said... yeah I still clean up after myself and others because it feels like the right thing to do.
All so true

Art101

Reaction score
I live by pack it in,pack it out.I will go collect garbage at times as it is an eyesore for everyone.I am amazed the amount of crap people chuck out the windows and just let blow away here in Jersey.Seems like all the open lands here have this coating of garbage not to mention the backsides of fences...Seriously.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads