Trains are a childhood love.

Nate182010

Reaction score
Website
squattheplanet.com
I have always lived next to train tracks. When i was young i couldn't fall asleep until I heard the whistle. I grew up playing on train tracks, hoping the trains around the different towns i lived in. My grandpa was a beatnik and hopped trains when he was younger. He always spoke abouut riding a train to the west coast and hanging out with Neil Cassidy, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, ect. So my grandfather spoke to me of the intellectual and romantic sides of being a tramp.
Then when i was 16 years old I discovered Choking victim, Leftover Crack, and Nausea. So the discovery of crust excited me. As time went on I learned more and more. At 17 I met my first traveler. It surprised me because i thought that hitch hiking and train hopping died with the Beats. So i met more and more travelers. I learned as much as i could from each one.
I have always been an Anarchist. My grandfather was too. When i got old enough to understand and learn on my own I started all my researching. I learned about Emma Goldman and Alexander Berkman. I read about Anarcho Syndicalism or black and red anarchy. I'm not like most anarchist though. I don't believe that people are inherently evil, nor do i think that humanity is a disease. There are only a few people doing lots of bad things and a lot of people just living there life.
Thank you for listening to me.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads