Tony Longshanks RIP | Squat the Planet

Tony Longshanks RIP

Stiv Rhodes

Reaction score
Tony Letigre, aka @tony longshanks on this site and others, was struck by a car and killed while riding his bicycle on Hwy 101 in Corte Madera, CA. He was 42 years old. We worked together enthusiastically in Homes Not Jails in San Francisco 2012. He was an avid writer who helped put together the zone "It's Vacant, Take It" as well as an exelent chronicle of his experience with HNJ posted on this site. After leaving SF, he stayed in Portland for a few years before going back down to the north bay area where he last lived. Tony, you will be missed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crazy Squirrel

Reaction score
Oh no.....!! A while back, I spoke with him about zines, and I followed his Tumblr until he quit that and went to a private Instagram account. Though we weren't friends or anything, I still think the world lost a unique and special soul. R.I.P.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
fuck man, that was unexpected. sorry to hear that, my condolences to any of their friends and family.

Slingshot Collective

Reaction score
Website
slingshot.tao.ca

Slingshot Collective

Reaction score
Website
slingshot.tao.ca
Tony Letigre, aka @tony longshanks on this site and others, was struck by a car and killed while riding his bicycle on Hwy 101 in Corte Madera, CA. He was 42 years old. We worked together enthusiastically in Homes Not Jails in San Francisco 2012. He was an avid writer who helped put together the zone "It's Vacant, Take It" as well as an exelent chronicle of his experience with HNJ posted on this site. After leaving SF, he stayed in Portland for a few years before going back down to the north bay area where he last lived. Tony, you will be missed.
He was also involved with the online literary magazine, Synchronized Chaos:

http://synchchaos.com/?s=longshanks

Reactions: japanarchist

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads