2016 Jamboree - time to go down the youtube rabbit hole... | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree time to go down the youtube rabbit hole...

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
okay folks, so i'm researching movies and im going to be setting up a playlist of funny/cool/interesting youtube videos in between main features, so here's your chance to share your favorite youtube vids (post them in this thread). it helps if they're related to travel or punk culture, but fuck it, post what you like.

i already have a ton of videos lined up but i'm sure im missing some good ones, so time to share!

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score

Fuzz

Reaction score
How about this guy's killer story telling. His Channel is "Stand By Your Van".

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I was just looking at this the other day. For Jambo. I have not heard back from producers of "Traveler" yet - will try them again.

American Nomads - full movie -

Road, A Hobo's Tale - full documentary -

Death of the American Hobo - 20 min doc.

bunch of others at the death of american hobo site. I did a google search of hobo documentaries

Hobo Matters -

Riding the Rails - 5 parts - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt_CrZjA4Rzn7YKzN5DIawd03aZf0CAe4

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
American Nomads - full movie -

definitely on the list. ill take a look at the others you listed. unfortunately we have a shit ton of train hopping related stuff, and not much else, so if you know stuff we can balance it out with that would be great.

but we should probably post full movies in the jambo movie thread, this thread is for shorts.

Noidinvoid

Reaction score
Id reccomend you guys get lost in the world of normal bob!

The channels about:
I hang out way too much at NYC's Union Square Park filming the regulars who I know – Drug addicts, artists, perverts, musicians, crazies and some characters who are impossible to categorize. This decade long project has led me to create the Amazing Strangers Matchgame Postcard that includes a map of the park showing where the groups hang out. I give the card away to anyone at the park who wants one.

Reactions: tobepxt and Tude

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Id reccomend you guys get lost in the world of normal bob!

The channels about:
I hang out way too much at NYC's Union Square Park filming the regulars who I know – Drug addicts, artists, perverts, musicians, crazies and some characters who are impossible to categorize. This decade long project has led me to create the Amazing Strangers Matchgame Postcard that includes a map of the park showing where the groups hang out. I give the card away to anyone at the park who wants one.

I like this one!!

Reaction score
Website
www.organsinmain.tumblr.com
If anyone is interested I have the collector's edition of the complete 2 seasons of Xavier Renegade Angel. I think the show is very fitting for the occasion of the Jamboree, especially the episode "Sqautopia". Xavier isn't a human, or even real, per se, but s/he is the embodiment and epitome of punk in my book. I also have the complete 2 seasons of the show "Look Around You", which is also I think very fitting to screen for the occasion. I can rip the DVD video files and send them to you? I put them all on youtube once, but they took it all off. Some other videos to consider showing, especially on the big night when everyone is tripping (which come to think of it, might be every night):

Dan Deacon's "America"

"When I was Done Dying" by Dan Deacon

"Light" by Off The Air

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
If anyone is interested I have the collector's edition of the complete 2 seasons of Xavier Renegade Angel. I think the show is very fitting for the occasion of the Jamboree, especially the episode "Sqautopia". Xavier isn't a human per se, but he is the embodiment and epitome of punk in my book. I also have the complete 2 seasons of the show "Look Around You", which is also I think very fitting to screen for the occasion. I can rip the DVD video files and send them to you? I put them all on youtube once, but they took it all off. Some other videos to consider showing, especially on the big night when everyone is tripping (which come to think of it, might be every night):

Dan Deacon's "America"

"Light" by Off The Air

I'm on my cell right now, but yeah, just rip them and upload them to a file sharing service like mega and I'll download it and add it to the queue :)

D

deleted user

If anyone is interested I have the collector's edition of the complete 2 seasons of Xavier Renegade Angel. I think the show is very fitting for the occasion of the Jamboree, especially the episode "Sqautopia". Xavier isn't a human, or even real, per se, but s/he is the embodiment and epitome of punk in my book. I also have the complete 2 seasons of the show "Look Around You", which is also I think very fitting to screen for the occasion. I can rip the DVD video files and send them to you? I put them all on youtube once, but they took it all off. Some other videos to consider showing, especially on the big night when everyone is tripping (which come to think of it, might be every night):

Dan Deacon's "America"

"Light" by Off The Air

Dan Deacon's "America"

"Light" by Off The Air

Fucking yes yes yes. Already mentioned to Matt about xaviar's squatopia. Fucking yes!

I'll bring it don't worry

Also look around you would be sweet too.

You have very good taste my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads