Time for a New Adventure | Squat the Planet

Time for a New Adventure

gloomshroom

Reaction score
Hello, introductions are weird. I've lived in mostly the same area of Oregon my entire life, and became homeless at the beginning of summer. Now that I'm homeless, I figured there's no reason to stay in one place.
I'm currently without vehicle, and bumming about along I-5 hoping to find some sort of work. I would like to at some point have a vehicle, as my dog is rather pathetic in the rain. By the way, I have a nearly 9 year old service dog, and he has adapted wonderfully, better than I could have hoped, to living outside.
I'm on social security disability, but trying to live off of that with a roof over my head started to feel like a joke. I thought having my ileostomy (similar to a colostomy, but also different) would be a bigger problem than it has been. Emptying a bag instead of finding somewhere to squat and shit has made many of my friends jealous.

I'm here looking to connect with other people, potentially find some travel buddies and/or rides, and just connect with other people.
I'm new not just here, but relatively new to this lifestyle, so helpful tips are always appreciated.

gloomshroom

Reaction score
Howdy! What's your plans so far?

I'm jealous about your service dog. I've always wanted a veteran ptsd dog but I've never jumped and done that yet.
Headed to Ashland soon, I was considering going to the Area 51 "raid", but I don't think I want to end up accidentally stranded there. Vegas and Southern Cali are in my future plans, generally just looking to escape the rain for now.

I became disabled after getting my dog, so he's entirely self-trained. Dogs have so many uses. He's like a little heater sharing my sleeping bag with me most nights. Carrying dog food around sucks, but he's more than worth the added back pain lol.

Reactions: Juan Derlust

LEAN

Reaction score
Not trying to hate on the Area 51 raid but you do know the guards will not hesitate about shooting you right?

UFO filmers have been exploring that area for years and have videos of them getting shot at and ran up on with rifles pointed at them for just hitting the edge of the property lines... They really don't play around with people trespassing and will throw the book at you... the Federal book.

Hudson

Reaction score
The guy who made this site is running down the West Coast right now for the annual jamboree that they have in Slab City right now. Not sure where he's at or what kinda room he has.

Be careful once it gets cold it's kinda scary on the west coast.

LA is kinda horrendous if you ask me. But im just a small town guy. If your ever in Norcal let me know im always down to meet people from this site or give em a ride or be a tour guide for the local area. Tahoe area is pretty cool.

@Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm in Ely, Nevada right now, going to the area 51 thing next week. If all goes well ill be selling my car in Vegas tho so I'll be down to just a backpack until I get to slab city.

gloomshroom

Reaction score
Not trying to hate on the Area 51 raid but you do know the guards will not hesitate about shooting you right?

UFO filmers have been exploring that area for years and have videos of them getting shot at and ran up on with rifles pointed at them for just hitting the edge of the property lines... They really don't play around with people trespassing and will throw the book at you... the Federal book.

There's a festival going on nearby, that's more what I'm interested in. Also I was considering finding a good spot to film from during the potential raid. Mostly I want to just see what happens. The official event has relocated to Las Vegas from Rachel, Nevada, but plenty of people are still going to both Rachel and Area 51. I'm too fascinated with internet culture to not want to at least be a part of it in some way, despite the risks.

gloomshroom

Reaction score
The guy who made this site is running down the West Coast right now for the annual jamboree that they have in Slab City right now. Not sure where he's at or what kinda room he has.

Be careful once it gets cold it's kinda scary on the west coast.

LA is kinda horrendous if you ask me. But im just a small town guy. If your ever in Norcal let me know im always down to meet people from this site or give em a ride or be a tour guide for the local area. Tahoe area is pretty cool.

@Matt Derrick

I'm hoping to get out of Oregon soon, because the rain is already becoming a problem. Not a huge problem, but I know it'll only get worse around here. I might end up in NorCal during October. Originally I was going to head east to Kansas City, but I don't want to be there when it gets cold either lol.

• Best of Luck!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads