This bike gets me the hell outta' here

el norte

Reaction score
Howdy all,

My name is Noah, or 'el norte', and I'm from the US, currently living in Scotland. I am very happy to be posting this introduction here.
My name, 'el norte', means the North in Spanish, named because I am a huge fan of northern environments and the cold! Hence, why I decided to make the long haul up here to Scotland (also, both my folks are from Spanish-speaking countries).

As the title implies, I am a huge pedal bike fan! Although the winter here in Scotland had prevented me from exploring more, as the weather warms, I'm preparing my bike for a nice summer of camping and exploration. I am a huge mountain bike fan, and I love to go offroad exploring. If no one has ever done that before, I HIGHLY recommend it.

I've lived in many places; I was born in Maine, and I have lived extensively in New Jersey, New York, Georgia, Texas, and I've made frequent trips to Florida. I had my first real experience abroad a little over a year ago, where I ended up in Spain for about 7/8 months. I was working a shitty job paying 500 euros a month, but man, I can't wait to go back... ;)

Currently, I am studying my Masters degree in web development. Although it's only a year degree, I am itching to move on. I plan to be a freelancer with steady work within a couple of years so that I can keep up the vagabonding life in between gigs.

I love being outdoors, I love programming, I am a musician, and I love being positive. Hopefully this bike will get me the hell outta' here real soon for a nice break...

I'm glad to be here guys. Thanks!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Great intro and welcome!! We do have a bicycle community here as well - with a subforum devoted to it. And some bad ass bicyclists as well. I'm a long distance cyclist - who does also enjoy the offroad as well. Welcome aboard!

Reactions: el norte

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads