Things to see and do in Tacoma/Olympia?

Glass Roads

Reaction score
Hey y'all I'm gonna be in Olympia for a day on Monday 8/28, and Tacoma
on Tuesday 8/29.
What should I check out? I'm open to any and all suggestions.
I'm trying to find some cool organizations to volunteer for, radical spaces, cool book stores, glass art supplies shops.
And of course if any of y'all want to meet up and shoot the shit I'd be down

transcendentalhobo

Reaction score
Do you want to try to meet up Monday? The library downtown has a really great 'zine section.

Also, have you checked out the Tacoma Anarchist Book Fair flyer? It's going to be at some sort of space that sounds cool.

Reactions: Glass Roads

transcendentalhobo

Reaction score
Also, what time are you leaving Oly Monday? EGYHOP will have distro 6:30PM-8:30. Starting volunteering begins with shadowing a distro or a zoom training that I think has only happened like once in the last year and a few months. You might want to touch base in person.

Reactions: Glass Roads

Glass Roads

Reaction score
Would love to check out the zine collection! The Tacoma Anarchist Book faire sounds pretty bad ass, Unfortunately I'm heading out on Wednesday to get back to Eastern Washington.

Glass Roads

Reaction score
I'll probably leave early on Tuesday if I can find a place to stay. I'm trying to find somebody with an extra couch to sleep on or a cheap hostel if ya happen to know anywhere. No pressure though.

transcendentalhobo

Reaction score
Would love to check out the zine collection! The Tacoma Anarchist Book faire sounds pretty bad ass, Unfortunately I'm heading out on Wednesday to get back to Eastern Washington.

Yeah, about Tacoma I meant the venue of the book fair, the Solidarity Spot. I can't seem to find out much about it except that it's where the book fair will be though.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions: train in vain

train in vain

Reaction score
This is what I also wanted to post, but without the 'teriyaki' part.

I just remember seeing places with teriyaki signs every time i turned around. Maybe we were in the teriyaki distrcit haha or i was drunk and going in circles.

transcendentalhobo

Reaction score
It just dawned on me I think you didn't write anything public about Tacoma. Care to share anything about that part of your trip? I'm back in Oly if you're out this way again anytime soon. I'm back at the other spot I was telling you about that we didn't swing by and you're welcome to crash over again if you're out here anytime soon!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
thread moved to the United States section.

Glass Roads

Reaction score
I checked out the Catholic Worker Movement house in Tacoma (Guadalupe House) .
Was alright. Seems like kind of a rough neighborhood, but the people at the Catholic Worker house were all nice. They do a nice meal every week. There is also a really big food bank in the neighborhood.

transcendentalhobo

Reaction score
I checked out the Catholic Worker Movement house in Tacoma (Guadalupe House) .
Was alright. Seems like kind of a rough neighborhood, but the people at the Catholic Worker house were all nice. They do a nice meal every week. There is also a really big food bank in the neighborhood.

Would you go back or recommend it to others?

Glass Roads

Reaction score
I'd recommend the weekly meal. Doesn't seem like there are abundant volunteer for housing opportunities, but the conversation was good.
The food bank was definitely worth checking out.

transcendentalhobo

Reaction score
I'd recommend the weekly meal. Doesn't seem like there are abundant volunteer for housing opportunities, but the conversation was good.
The food bank was definitely worth checking out.

Oh! Writing of food banks, sorry if I already told you in person, but for the sake of public record THE THURSTON COUNTY FOOD BANK IS THE BEST.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads