Video - The Past Year of my Life | Squat the Planet

Video The Past Year of my Life

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
So I set out on a bike tour back in August of 2013. Ended up in CO from DE. I found a job for winter and ended up skiing until April. Hitch hiked to Vegas with a buddy. Met a co-worker who hooked me up with work in NY at a skydiving company, which is where I'm at now. I've been living minimally like most of you from just a 35 liter backpack. Compiled a twenty minute video of everything from the past year when I left my old lifestyle for adventure.

- Part I:

- Part II:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
fuck yeah man, i'm really glad stp could give you some help before you went on your way. sounds like a hell of a year :)

i really like the water tower footage by the way, pretty cool. i love gopro's :) also working for a skydiving company? fucking rad, i would love to do that.

i wish more people would document their travels like this, especially with the affordability of gopros and whatnot, it's pretty easy to do. if you don't mind some constructive criticism, i would suggest taking the camera out of the case more often (it'll get rid of that blur) and maybe using a mic like this one:

it's a mic that clips to your shirt and it's only 60-70 bucks and it plugs right in the side of the gopro. good audio will make your videos even better.

anyways, sounds like you had some rad adventures, keep making videos :)

Reactions: briancray

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
Thanks man. I noticed the audio was kinda low and figured there were better mounts/mics out there. I'll check that out. Have to figure out where to send it since I don't really have an address atm. Turned out pretty well though. Used Vegas Pro to edit it...got lucky since the company I work for uses it to edit videos. So I did it on their PC on a rain day. I'll continue to document my travels. Thanks Matt.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
cool deal man. if you order the mic from an amazon seller, you can have it sent to one of those amazon lockers in your area.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Dam - you have had one hell of a good trip - aweseome!!!

I was born in Dover lived in Smyrna till i got to high school then moved to New Castle. Haven't been back in many many moons. I imagined it got more crowded and built up more.

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
I was born in Dover lived in Smyrna till i got to high school then moved to New Castle. Haven't been back in many many moons. I imagined it got more crowded and built up more.
Haha crazy man. Most people barely know Delaware is a state. They think I'm talking about Ohio. I grew up in north Wilmington right near the PA border. We'd always go drive through the valley in the country.

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
Yeah, never did much exploring around there tbh despite living there for 23 years. It wasn't until I left the state that I actually started roaming around. There is definitely some nice country though. There are much better places to visit than DE though haha.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads