News & Blogs The New Capt. America is a Gay Dirty Kid!!!

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score

"MARVEL INTRODUCES LGBTQ CAPTAIN AMERICA IN NEW SERIES
by Eric Diaz
Mar 18 2021 • 11:46 AM

Captain America is concept, not just a person. Steve Rogers might have initiated that concept 1940, but others have followed in his footsteps since. As they say in Spider-Verse, “anyone can wear the mask.” Now, Marvel is taking that idea and applying it to Captain America. One of those people wearing the mask will be Marvel’s first ever LGBTQ Captain America, Aaron Fischer. This gay teenage Cap will “stand for the oppressed, and the forgotten.”

USCAPA2021001_RoblesVar.jpg

Marvel Comics

Fischer will debut as Captain America in an all-new limited series titled The United States of Captain America. This five-part series celebrates 80 years of Cap. It finds Steve Rogers teaming up with former Captain Americas when his shield goes missing. These ex-Caps include Bucky Barnes, Sam Wilson, and John Walker. The four will take a road trip across the states to locate Cap’s shield. There, they meet people from all walks of life who use the name of Cap to defend their communities. And gay teenager Aaron Fischer will be the first “next gen” Cap we meet.

Fischer is described as “a fearless teen who stepped up to protect fellow runaways and the unhoused.” With the enormous problem of homelessness among young LGBTQ teens, this will no doubt strike a chord. Writer Joshua Trujillo and artist Jan Bazaldua are introducing Fischer, alongside regular series creators Christopher Cantwell and Dale Eaglesham. It’s no coincidence that Fischer’s debut issue is in June, which is Pride month.

Aaron-Fischer_Design.jpg

In a statement, Bazaldua said “I really enjoyed designing him, and as a transgender person, I am happy to be able to present an openly gay person who admires Captain America and fights against evil to help those who are almost invisible to society.”

Trujillo adds that “Aaron is inspired by heroes of the queer community. Activists, leaders, and everyday folks pushing for a better life. He stands for the oppressed, and the forgotten. I hope his debut story resonates with readers, and helps inspire the next generation of heroes.”
The United States of Captain America #1 hits on June 2, 2021."

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Holy shit. Normally, Captain America is my least favorite super hero but a Gay, Trainhopping Captain America who defends homeless kids? I mean, that's some pretty fucking sweet representation right there.

I'm really stoked for this all of a sudden.

Reactions: Dmac

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
ha, damn, i never thought i'd see the day... that's pretty damn cool.

• Agree
Reactions: EphemeralStick

Dmac

Reaction score
Not quite as cool but the new Robin, in DC comics, is bisexual now.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads