The names dakota/16/Vegan

The Rat

Reaction score
Well my names Dakota, I'm 16 and a Vegan and I just recently joined the forums meaning to ask a few things but havent been able to get around to it. So this probably isn't in the right section so ill apologize in advance. So for the last year I've been thinking about leaving home and just traveling and squatting, I've openly told my parents that if I don't leave home now then I will once I'm out of high-school which seems like it will never happen since school is a fucking joke to me, and they either rub it of and say I'm just a stupid kid or theyre too fucked up to even realize I'm trying to talk to them. So yeah, I've been my own parent since I could remember. Yeah maybe I'm just venting a bit here. But i do have some shit to ask. If I were to leave home and travel or squat, would I run into serious problems because I'm only 16? Not because I'm a little kid or anything, im commonly mistaken for being 18+, I just want to know If there's problems id run into that someone over 18 or 21 wouldn't run into. And maybe a few tips on surviving as a vegan would help too. And the last thing, how the Fuck am I supposed to leave? Maybe this is a really stupid or newbie question to ask but do I really just pack up basic survival items and disappear? Considering the fact that if I tried telling them I'm leaving, my Dad would most likely beat my ass.

Well, sorry for anything stupid I mint have said and if its in the wrong section, hope to hear from people.

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
you have 2 years or less befor you turn 18. wait untill then, if you are not sure on something resurch. ok so you dont like school and you hate your parents...umm i think like 99% of every 16yo has that same problem. and yeah no one is going to want to travel with a 16yo.

meathook

Reaction score
you think you won't make it but trust me, YOU WILL MAKE IT. i've been waiting to travel since i was 13- i'm 17 now [4 years down, only 3 months to go!] and i'm glad i waited. i wanted to run away so many times, but in the end i'm glad i stayed to finish up school. someday if you ever want to enter back into society you will be glad to have the high school diploma. you think you're a big tough kid, well i felt that way at 16 too and let me tell you there are plenty of 25 year olds out there who will not hesitate to hand you your scrawny ass on a platter with ease, especially if you're vegan [i recently quit being vegetarian so i could gain some fucking weight]. deal with your shitty parents, i guarantee someone out there has shittier. do what is smart for your future in the long run. you say your parents are gonna be pissed? they're gonna be way more pissed when you get pulled off a train or a street corner and shipped back home in a big white van with bars over the windows, or worse, disappear off the face of the planet entirely. think of ways to occupy your time- myself, i chose learning instruments, fire spinning, making friends, going to shows, going to festivals, going to raves, learning wilderness skills, learning traveling skills, learning about trains, learning about laws... and getting myself through school. now i'm in dirty kid pussy mode [staying in the closest big city to my hometown, sleeping under bridges, on friends' floors, in backyards, in my car, in my tent, etc] just waiting until i can leave the state. get a job and save up some emergency money in case you [in 2 years, of course] break one of your legs 1000 miles from home, or something.

Reactions: Xavierr and Puckett

iixila

Reaction score
Website
www.iixila.blogspot.com
props to being vegan! but that'll get harder, haha, not to rain on your parade. i've been a vegetarian since 2004 (vegan for a year), and sometimes all you'll have, or someone else will have, are foods with animal products in them, and when you're in the middle of fucking nowhere, you can't just hop to the 7-eleven, feel me?

good luck, man, seriously. if you can keep it so, muy bueno.

Storm Smokes Rocks

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
ya dude just wait the couple years till your 18 so you wont have to put bourdons on people that are 18+ and this way you prevent getting into more trouble i mean ive known kids that ran away from home before being 18 and there parents had gave concent to the child to do so and leave and they managed just fine being on there own, but its only when the parents dont give permission to the child so they call the police and get the whole "my child ran away and i dont know why" thing goin on. soo ya best piece of advise stick it out maybe wait a month before being 18 that way if your parents did report anything, by the time they even had a trace of where you would be you would be legal by then.
good luck!

XXPepper

Reaction score
Website
theescapeexperiment.tumblr.com
yeah man, i wanted to bail out of high school SO BAD when i was stuck in that shit. college isn't worth too much these days and if you weren't planning on going anyway, just wait until you graduate, take your diploma, and hit the road. being underage and on the road can be dangerous, especially if you're traveling alone or with people that you don't know very well. sitting on your hands for two years sucks...i promise when you hit 18 you'll have the best year of your life and be on your way if that's what you really want.

also, remember that when you're young, your mind changes more quickly. you know less about what you want, as much as it may seem that you've got it all figured out.

meathook

Reaction score
Meathook i love your reply, and thanks a bunch to everyone else that replied. At first I didnt think anyone was going to reply =P

"Storm Smokes Rocks" best name ive ever seen.

why thank you! just hang in there kid, it might seem like a long time to wait from where you're sitting, but just think of it as more time to prepare yourself so that you can have an even more awesome time on the road.

Reactions: The Rat

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads