What do you guys think??

Attachments

• m68hwSo.png
    m68hwSo.png
    158.6 KB · Views: 435
S

spectacular

...."simple yet effective argument for raising the minimum wage"

What i would do. Add another machine so ppl can stand there and turn the crank for 2 hours then they earn $30.. $15 per hour.

My aim would be to show people that it's all pointless even if you're making $15.

My guess is ppl would still get bored and the exhibit would accomplish little if anything since most fast food jobs have people at least moving around and juggling multiple mindless tasks instead of just one. Also interacting with other ppl.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Or you could just walk up with a 5# sledge smash and take pennies.

...and call it performance art. :p

Personally I think it's pretty disgusting how little people get paid for minimum wage. The worst part is that no one seems to care as long as prices for the goods we buy stay cheap. because, you know, fuck anyone that isn't us.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Little by little cities are starting to come around. (SF; Seattle)....But I discovered Unions! The ones in San Fran will guarantee even a laborer wages that allow some security.

K

Kim Chee

That machine is actually far better than making minimum wage.

Taxes aren't taken out.

Boss isn't rushing you.

Simple, yet repetitive task.

If I put a drill on it can I get paid like I have diploma paper?

Minimum wage is right where the 1% (which is also corporations) wants you to be.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
A strange woman once taught me something i'll never forget: she likes renovating old buildings, historic structures...So she applied to historic refurbishers and their qualifications were too high....So, rather than look for some other line of work, she googled "Historic renovations degree programs''; moved to savannah, took the 2 year course; then reapplied and was hired. Intense: determination. grittiness.

Reactions: Sarong

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
minimum wage sucks, but I would rather earn it cranking this machine than some of the jobs I've had. This way you don't have the stress of customers or idiot colleagues to deal with. It's pretty mindless work so you can just zone out and get it done. You don't have to say you're a team player or any of that BS to get the job, there's no worry you won't be qualified. Damn it sign me up!

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Never Crush the soul. Crush what would crush you. There are ways to achieve financial stability without murdering oneself for 8 hours. Those are 8 hours you are never ever ever getting back. Optimize your life, strategically. That is why we are here talking to each other. :)

To paraphrase the Bard, minimum wage jobs are nothing more than a grand stage for Guerrilla Theatre...so act as if you have an audience...a rather sadistic and Schadenfreude prone audience with a somewhat grotesque sense of humor...

Last edited:
K

Kim Chee

minimum wage sucks, but I would rather earn it cranking this machine than some of the jobs I've had. This way you don't have the stress of customers or idiot colleagues to deal with. It's pretty mindless work so you can just zone out and get it done. You don't have to say you're a team player or any of that BS to get the job, there's no worry you won't be qualified. Damn it sign me up!

I'll take that as a like;)

PotBellyFatGuy

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

lmao @ saying i'm a team player. uh no, i'm not. i am here to make my paycheck and gtfo. i don't give two shits about yous guys (brooklyn accent) and especially not my asshole boss.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads