Event - "The Fest" in Gainesville, FL is going to be awesome this year! Make your plans! | Squat the Planet

Event "The Fest" in Gainesville, FL is going to be awesome this year! Make your plans!

James Meadowlark

Sonic Reducer
Reaction score
Updated the Wiki- Having come of age in the late 80s, early 90s- I'm stoked for JAWBREAKER and JAWBOX!!! Also- STIFF LITTLE FINGERS?!!?? I think I need a change of underpants.

Attachments

• the fest 2019.jpg
    the fest 2019.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 375
D

Deleted member 125

Yikes not to mention dag nasty and the lillingtons, I'm way outta the loop but I didn't think they had played in years. The fest is always fun, just the right mix of pbr and people with beards mixed with sandal wearing "gimme a hug and are you gonna finish that sandwich I live in Gainesville" people. Plus Tim Barry never disappoints.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
been wanting to go for years, but this is just a few days before this year's jamboree, so seems unlikely (again) :(

• Agree
Reactions: croc

James Meadowlark

Sonic Reducer
Reaction score
The fest is always fun, just the right mix of pbr and people with beards mixed with sandal wearing "gimme a hug and are you gonna finish that sandwich I live in Gainesville" people.

This is too funny... Circa 2011 (I think) I was in Las Vegas, and NOFX was playing the Hard Rock, and I went, because whatever, and they have a few good tunes, and I wrangled a free ticket.

Decent event, they played all of their 'hits' at the show, and they are what they are, and it was a good show overall. Those guys are actually good at what they do and played a lot of their older stuff, and Fat Mike wasn't too drunk.

I was in the balcony, and at one point Fat Mike stopped the show for stage patter between songs while tuning up, and asked that the spotlight be turned on four bearded dudes that were standing together in front and said something like "I see the beards- did you guys get lost on your way to Gainesville?"

I laughed my ass off.

croc

Reaction score
Fuckin against me performing 4 albums? Screaming females?
Why does this shit gotta be days before jambo :'c

• Agree
Reactions: Matt Derrick

James Meadowlark

Sonic Reducer
Reaction score
According to the website, all festival weekend passes are sold out, but there may be tickets to individual shows still out there.. Hope you got your tickets already! This year is going to be fucking amazing! Start growing out your beards now!

Reactions: croc

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads