The Canadian Fiddler from BC who I met in Sacramento -- Underneath the Rainbow Overpass to Old Sac

T

Toasty Tramp

It was early in the morning, and I probably looked terrible. You were jamming out on your violin and spreading your beautiful voice all throughout that awesome underpass of rainbow lights and art and tourists and good vibes, and you were stompin' away and causing a scene and all I could do was post up next to you and drop my bags and listen to ya.
Cause holy shit, you have a set a lungs on ya. And ya know how to use em' :D

You gave me about 5 minutes of peace and let me just be, and I can't thank ya enough for it.
Because it let me prepare for when you got bored of a guy with a perfectly good guitar just sitting there doing nothing, and you called me a pussy and told me to bust out my guitar and make some music with ya.
I tried, and couldn't, and you got super frustrated lol. Holy shit, why did you keep talking to me? Perhaps it was the whole notion of you taking my "Musical Virginity" that kept ya entertained enough...Cause holy shit ya brought it up enough :p

We packed up our bags and derped around the underpass and kinda awkwardly made small talk and pointed out the different stuff that was written on the wall. I dunno -- whatever it took to keep the conversation going, right? You gave me your number twice, and I managed to lose both of them.
I've tried and tried and tried to remember your name, because I'd love to meet up or at least exchange a couple of letters to see how you're doing these days. I know ya mentioned heading south and seeing what all the fuss was about down there...hope ya managed to pull it off :)

And I meant to meet you at the hostel that night, but as fate would have it...the universe seemed to have other plans for me that night. I'm hoping that it continues to work in mysterious ways, and I hope that you come across this message and we're able to reconnect. Cause I dunno about you, but I haven't met many people who I've been able to dance eyes with.
You know what I'm talking about.

Here's to trusting in the chaos of the universe to breathe a little life into those seemingly impossible circumstances.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads