That Black Hanky

Hatta

Reaction score
So I've got a question for you all. As of late I've been off the road. I got a felony and being a fugitive wasn't my cup of tea. I always loved traveling but needing to be out of the 5 states I love just made things tough. I decided to turn myself in and they gave me a shot at probation so I took it and got myself a job and a mattress (an indoor one for once). I took my hank off my neck and keep it folded in my back pocket. But now it feels like a lie to carry. I know I gave in to the temptation of a safer and more mechanical life. That hank has a lot of sentimental value and a lot of meaning in it. And having it with me at work seems to run counter-productive to a lot of the meaning I put into it, so does hanging it on a wall. So my question to you all is this: If you are one of the individuals out there who carry a hank, what would you do with it if you gave up the road?

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Probably keep it in a box of memorabilia along with other little treasures from trips. Notes, trinkets, photos that sort of stuff. It shouldn't feel like a lie holding on to it though. Even if you quit traveling that doesn't mean that option won't still be available to you. That's what i like to think about, that no matter where i end up, if shit hits the fan i can always pick up and start somewhere new.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
even though you aren't traveling anymore, it still has a thousand and one uses. just because you aren't using it as a skank/black bloc or whatever anymore doesn't mean it won't still come in handy. i still carry one or two in my little day pack when i'm roaming around town at all times

smellsea

Reaction score
it's about as rediculous as some one paying 100s of dollars for a skrit that i pissed/perioded in for a few months straight. it's just clothes. ill never understand what the point of having sentimental value in a piece of clothing is, to the point that your wearing something you wiped up your/yourfriends blood, snot, god knows what else around you neck. being gross is one thing but i think that's just asking for attention. or 'pr points'.

smellsea

Reaction score
whatever. give me a shitty rating, posers. you're the one with a ripped shitty/pissy/bloody/snotty/dirty rag around your neck.

Reactions: Beegod Santana

Nomadfrom82

Reaction score
Haha when I got back to nola last time I always had my skank on, once I setteled down a bit n started working again I put it up in a safe place n every time I saw my boy sarcastic scott he was like wheres your skank? Lol mostly fuckin with me but guess what I got back around my neck? Thats right call me a scumbag all ya want but I am what I am, a lepord cant change its spots n tomorrow once again ill get some fresh grease sweat spit and whatever else comes its way onto it. Mwa hahaha

Kittwoopsiessmith

Still meeting great people.
Reaction score
Scott can be a ass but he will help anyone. As for you smellsea, you are gross. Go wash your ass and your drawers. We all get smelly and filthy but you should take care of yourself. You give us all a bad name. You think its stupid to feel sentemental about your skank but you brag about bleeding and pissing yourself. Grow up and spend some of your spange on tampons and std testing.

Johnny Lightspeed

Reaction score
i feel stupid even bothering to say this but dude that smellsea girl was obviously joking. as for the actual point of this threadgoes yer black bandanna doesnt mean shit and its probly fallen outta yer back pocket by now and is lost forever anyway. damn im grumpy today

Erable

Aspiring journeyman
Reaction score
Man, if it means something to you, keep it.
But you don't have to carry it around with you all the time if you don't feel right about it; you wouldn't keep the photo albums of your childhood with you at all times, would you?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads