Tell me how your nomadic life style started.

ali

Reaction score
I'm an army brat so we moved around a lot growing up. My parents are from different countries and emigrated to a third one after leaving the army, so I've only ever really known life as a foreigner or migrant. I always wanted to live somewhere else so made it a goal to migrate again after high school and made an international jump a couple more times till I realized it didn't work well with being in a traditional relationship, so I gave up on those and refocused on my own thing. That's when I started traveling a lot more and longer, in my 30s. Still a lifelong migrant worker, wouldn't know how to live any other way.

Framese

Reaction score
I was born a ramblin' man. Nobody in my blood family is or was in the military, though. I don't know if I have any Roma heritage, since my grandma changed my family's name, and then changed her name, but when I found out what the original name was, I became very sentimental about Roma culture.
My parent was very into hippie culture, and was in the paper for their folk art. They also drew gorgeous Dali-esque Surrealism.

Last edited:

imaginarymax

Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Graduating HS early to high-tail across the country still as a minor, broke & outdoors, happy to be anywhere but 'home!' The universe has such a multitude of crazy corners to go explore. After seeing so many scenarios fall to festering disfunction, the idea of keepin' it movin', groovin', and ever-adapting is a means I hold onto
How about you??

Reactions: CurlyTJ

CurlyTJ

Reaction score
Graduating HS early to high-tail across the country still as a minor, broke & outdoors, happy to be anywhere but 'home!' The universe has such a multitude of crazy corners to go explore. After seeing so many scenarios fall to festering disfunction, the idea of keepin' it movin', groovin', and ever-adapting is a means I hold onto
How about you?
Moving and grooving lol yeah I'm definitely trying to live by that. Haven't started just yet I'm still gathering my gear so I can start my journey trainhopping, but shouldn't be too much longer before I'm on the road 🙏

Reactions: imaginarymax

NamelessExistence

I wipe my own ass
Reaction score
I was tired of paying rent just to have a place to keep my things and sleep. Felt like a stagnant lifestyle that wasn’t for me. I was always outside and swimming in lakes constantly. During Covid I decided to say fuck it and got a van. Was the best thing for me up u til recently when it broke down and I had to sell it. Been kinda bouncing around living outta my pack.

Reactions: 81285 and CurlyTJ

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads