TEETH | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

TEETH

D

Deleted member 20

Why are you searching blame at something else then yourself?
I have been drinking lots of soda and eating more candy then real food myself.
However I have a brain in my head and I brush my teeth every day because I know otherwise I will be fucked.
You are not a kid now, are you? So what is in your way to brush NOW one or two times a day your fucking teeth?

There must be an awakening period of personal responsibility to everything in life. How many adults do we hear that were poor, abandoned, children of alcoholics; grew up hungry, abused, neglected. I might fall into these but rarely I will ever share to try to shift blame or seek pity. I drank soda ever day that I could if we could afford it. I still do, daily. I have many more choices now that I am an adult. I consciously didn't go to the dentist for many years when I was an active alcoholic myself. I lived in the oral pain just as I learned to live with other versions of pain. Luckily genetics also played a role in my life even while I didn't give a fuck. Here I am a binge drinking alcoholic that now only drinks soda as my only nonalcoholic fluids. Water if only when desperate & dehydrated but never much. Wouldn't you know that I am 41 years old today, 4+ years sober; still drinking a half a 2 liter daily of dark soda Coke, Pepsi, RC etc). All my grandparents have been dead for 20years. My mom just died & my dad is on his way out as his physical systems are all failing.

I have never missed a day not brushing my teeth though actually missing 15-20 years of not going to a dentist or doctor. Sure I got abscesses, cavities & didn't do what was the easiest. I bucked everything, making it all worse. As people; we sure love to be a victim, we love misery & we may be afraid of seeking true happiness. I must forgive 100% of everyone today, those whom are related to me; that I have interacted with, many who wronged me & those who I wronged & me..

Today I floss daily. Grownup shit I guess. I accept that fluoride is in the water & the toothpaste. I know that fluoride also pacifies people. I was once overly aggressive and always needed to be more passive, peaceful & kind. Today I am much calmer & gentle but still need more; if a bit of fluoride helps fight civilities & makes me an easier & softer person to deal with? So be it.

I have a great set of my own teeth today. No, they arent all there or all perfect but they are the best version they can be; considering our past trials & tribulations. Most importantly; my teeth occasionally show while I get caught smiling; a sign that I might actually be getting happy.

Who would have though t that a miserable drunk like me could learn to accept everything, resent nothing & find peace & goodness where only fear & sadness once dwelt. By eliminating one thing in my life; my entire life & how I handled things got 1000% better.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Good News Everyone!

View attachment 42578

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/04/180412154459.htm

Researchers at the University of Washington have designed a convenient and natural product that uses proteins to rebuild tooth enamel and treat dental cavities.

The research finding was first published in ACS Biomaterials Science and Engineering.

"Remineralization guided by peptides is a healthy alternative to current dental health care," said lead author Mehmet Sarikaya, professor of materials science and engineering and adjunct professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Department of Oral Health Sciences.

tenor (1).gif

nobrains

Reaction score
Website
www.vilecultofshapes.blogspot.com
https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/dentistry/diet-in-relation-to-dental-caries/

https://www.westonaprice.org/cure-tooth-decay-by-ramiel-nagel/

Had a tooth pulled recently. Always freaking out about my teeth. Say a dentist not too long ago, he wanted to pull all my wisdom teeth but I got medicaid, so he only took out the one that was rotting. He said my wisdom teeth are stuck and won't move any more, but he also said they had to be pulled or they'd ruin my teeth. They wanted me to pay $400! LOL I don't give a shit, I call his bluff. I try to eat healthy, avoid sugar and grains, limit coffee, but god dammit. I try to brush at least once a day, with water, salt, and/or baking soda, or with that tea tree oil toothpaste they sell at health food stores for like $7

Anyone good at pulling teeth? I feel like basic dentistry is something we could all learn and perform on each other. How hard is it to get a set of dental cleaning tools?

peacefulmonokai

Reaction score
If you eat, then swish water around your mouth. Wipe your teeth with paper towels. Do not eat anything after 7 p.m. Brush at least twice a day and floss once. Keep toothbrush and toothpaste accesible in your pack. Drink lots of water - no soda and carbonation.

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
@creature should chime in here. We discovered on a long ride together that we we each had fakies. Except, he makes his own! I think it's some sort of resin, but he can clarify.
They aren't perfect, as we watched his chompers fly out of his mouth after a good laugh while on stage at the Jam.
But, I think we'd all be curious to get a tutorial from that badass human.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Man, my grill is fucked. Pops had false teeth in his twenties. Moms kept my bottle filled with Pepsi. My teeth never stood a chance. Add to that I picked up smoking at the age of 29(haven't smoked in 158 days!). In a perfect world I'll get this railroad job in Ohio for Norfolk Southern(I just completed the testing phase), save up some duckets & make a trip to Mexico for some implants.

Realistically I'll probably not be able to afford that for a minute and I think I've nearly gotten every mile out of what remaining fragments of teeth I still have in my head. I hate the idea of false teeth but I'm super into DIY and I'm quite creative/artistic. I'm definitely keen on hearing the process and materials you used, @creature

Reactions: Rhubarb Dwyer

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
Obamacare covered every cent of my extractions, fillings, and falsies. Rolled over one night and crushed them into a dozen pieces. They won't cover a replacement. Just glad what I got left is healthy and don't give too many fucks about missing a large chunk of grill

Reactions: Jimmy Beans

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads