Teepee | Squat the Planet

Teepee

D

Deleted member 2626

may have to try a long term multiple tarp teepee for the winter. Basically a few, probably 4 tarps set up in trapper lean to fashion. Gonna try to rig up wood stove or purchase a collapsible one my critter can haul. A 8x10 is quite ideal for room and storage when set up with good pitch too for throwing rain and snow. Anyone had much experience with tipis or heated shelters?

F

FrumpyWatkins

Rolling the tarp to a pole can help with heat retention. If you have a big enough roof tarp you can have a center poll, not really a teepee, rolled into the tarp. The design if often use in agricultural barn curtains, like for cows, but with massive vinyl.

Dmac

Reaction score
Tee-pee's usually use 6 or more long poles to set up. My Cousin does fur trapping reenactment and has a tee-pee. The poles for his are about 16 to 20 feet long. But with your donkey, you could pull them as a Travois, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travois

lone wolf

Reaction score
no personal experience with them, I've read the Europeans used the term "hothouse" so i imagine you'll be plenty warm.

the only thing I've ever done was drape my tarp over my tent to hold in heat and lit a few candles. only bad thing about that setup is moisture builds up.

i assume you'll want to leave a small hole in the roof and a section of the floor open for the fire.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads