1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Tea Tree Oil

Discussion in 'Staying Healthy' started by AlmostAlwaysLost, Mar 14, 2017.

1. AlmostAlwaysLost

AlmostAlwaysLost Failed Adventurer
    StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Ratings:
    +512 / -22
    Thought I'd take a moment to discuss Tea Tree Oil which is something my mom introduced me to courtesy of Whole Foods essential oil section. It has so many uses:

1. Deodorant but a little dab goes a long way.

2. Bugs esp bodylice I had bugs but now there aren't no bugs on me. Also can wash clothes in it...ain't no ticks on me they hate the stuff.

3. Antifungal - cure jock itch and athletes foot (yeah I suck at adventures)

4. Itchy bug bites - helps tone down the itch.

5. Antibacterial soap if you water it down.

About the only downfall is it makes you smell like a pine tree but this stuff is like magic and doesn't take any room.

• Like Like x 2
  2. nomad89

nomad89 Appreciated Participator

Achievements:
    City:
    Portland
    State:
    OR
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +83 / -0
    Tea tree oil is good shit, Eucalyptus and Lavender oil are good for bugs as well. All are easily liberated from yuppie grocery stores.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    AlmostAlwaysLost

StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Ratings:
    +512 / -22
    Thanks man! I will look into commandeering some of those soon. One of my goals this season. Is to make a less toxic but still effective version of homemade bug dope.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sirius

Sirius Sir Posts a Lot

Achievements:
    Not having a job
    City:
    Knox
    State:
    PA
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +462 / -25
    I feel as if it doesn't work too well on getting rid of bugs rather than deterring them in the first place.
    Natural way to get rid of bugs (body, hair, or crabs) as well as flees for the furry travelers is diatomaceous earth.
    Tea tree for sure will help with them not be able to establish an infestation thou.

• Like Like x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    AlmostAlwaysLost

StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Ratings:
    +512 / -22
    I felt like Tea Tree oil got rid of my lice but maybe its a fallacy...maybe the act bathing and laundry is what did it. Thank you for suggesting this earth stuff. I hadn't heard of it before.

6. Sirius

Sirius Sir Posts a Lot

Achievements:
    Not having a job
    City:
    Knox
    State:
    PA
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +462 / -25
    I will stand by diatomaceous earth till the day I die. I've had bad luck with bugs, especially when I first started traveling and wasn't smart enough to realize how rampant they can be. Mostly body lice for me.
    I've used it everytime I've been infected. Just put all my clothes in a trash bag and smother them in it, shake up the bag and tie it good. Then lather myself in it for a few days and it has never failed me.
    100% success rate, and it's been this way for any dirty kid I've introduced to it.
    100% success rate with the flees as well.
    Stuff is a miracle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    AlmostAlwaysLost

StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Ratings:
    +512 / -22
    I still want to perfect a recipe for bug dope but I will certainly give this stuff a try especially if my wool blanket gets fleas again. The only thing that killed the fleas last time was 5 years in a vacuum sealed bag. I tried everything to rid that blanket of fleas.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sirius

Sirius Sir Posts a Lot

Achievements:
    Not having a job
    City:
    Knox
    State:
    PA
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +462 / -25
    Give that shit a try man. It's a one ingredient recipe for all bugs

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sirius

Sirius Sir Posts a Lot

Achievements:
    Not having a job
    City:
    Knox
    State:
    PA
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +462 / -25
    You can even sprinkle it on carpets or blankets and it will kill everything, including eggs.
    It's a sharp crystalline substance that litterly cuts bugs into pieces when they walk over it. Work on almost all bugs with an extoskelton, including ants and roaches.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    AlmostAlwaysLost

StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Ratings:
    +512 / -22
    I saw it being marketed as the bedbug killer you can eat not that I'm gonna eat it lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sirius

Sirius Sir Posts a Lot

Achievements:
    Not having a job
    City:
    Knox
    State:
    PA
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +462 / -25
    You CAN eat it but I'd only suggest so if you were trying to get rid of an internal infestation.
    That's another cool thing about it.
    If you ever get worms (which is more common in humans than is talked about, especially if you dumpster dive meat) or if your furry friend has stomach/intestinal worms (I doubt it'd work on heart worms due to its mechanism of action) you can eat it/feed it to your fluff and it'll get rid of those too.

Again it's never failed me, not once. Nor have I heard it failing anyone else expect once when it came to head lice in dreads. I don't think it could reach the internal parts of the dreads so they had a place to hide and lay eggs safely.
    I've had bugs at least 7 or 8 times, and it gets rid of them from my body in 2 days or less and my clothes in 4 days or less.

12. OP
    OP
    AlmostAlwaysLost

StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Ratings:
    +512 / -22
    Wow that is cool. I hope I never get worms ick.

• Funny Funny x 1