Photos Tattoo

vdem1

Reaction score
Website
vdem1.tumblr.com
i havnt played in a few years only because i dont have anybody to play with, before i moved here i played pretty regularly with a group of people for over 4 years. besides the guy who did it who also plays i dont remember anybody noticing it and knowing it was a dnd tattoo.

Yeah I havent played for years. Since highschool actually but there was a group of about 5. the DM and then 4-5 others. THere were about 4 other people that would come and go but not regulars. We pretty much played every day or every other day. I had a few different characters but one I had for the duration of the time we played and I lost the fucking paper then soon after I ditched out and just havent really played since. Use to be HOURS of fun hahahahah.

Thats nuts, I NEVER meet other ppl that play/played d&d. I met another chick about a year ago that use to play-now THAT was new. I was usually the ONLY chick that played LOL

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
If you dont have an outline they will look like shit within about 2 years, give or take depending out how long they spend in the sun-shit like that. But tattoos without outlines arent for the long run. They look absolutely fantastic when they are fresh though. Seriously beautiful, shame it doesn't last.

Any legitimate tattoo artist would touch it up - it seems that this would solve any problems of fading (in addition to taking care of the tattoo). Further, I've seen plenty of realistic/lineless tattoos that have held up more than two years okay, typically on people who take care of the piece and have it touched up, however.

cXr - is there any actual science behind this? or is it myths from "traditional" artists?

Reactions: vdem1

vdem1

Reaction score
Website
vdem1.tumblr.com
Any legitimate tattoo artist would touch it up - it seems that this would solve any problems of fading (in addition to taking care of the tattoo). Further, I've seen plenty of realistic/lineless tattoos that have held up more than two years okay, typically on people who take care of the piece and have it touched up, however.

cXr - is there any actual science behind this? or is it myths from "traditional" artists?

You'll have to get them touched up MUCh sooner than you would a tattoo with line work. Linework creates that contrast. True all tattoos fade with time and you'll need touch up work done but as the outlined tattoos fade, the dark black line will help eyes make sense of the shape.

I mean there havent been studies but I've seen the no line tattoos a few years after done and they are much more difficult to make out and especially with the lighter colors-those eventually blend/fade to the skin tone (ie. light pinks, whites etc). Very true that proper care will help keep your tattoo well maintained longer but lets face it, the majority of people DO NOT take proper care of their tattoos ESPECIALLY in the sunny states where tanning/prolonged sun exposure is SO extremely popular.

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
the majority of people DO NOT take proper care of their tattoos ESPECIALLY in the sunny states where tanning/prolonged sun exposure is SO extremely popular.

I think that's sadly very accurate. I always see SoCal construction workers with what used to be jesters (or whatever other 90's trash they got) that now look like gelatinous blobs.

cXR - my girlfriend is crazy on the aftercare. she won't work on train riders if they plan on catching out within a few days of the tattoo.

vdem1

Reaction score
Website
vdem1.tumblr.com
I think that's sadly very accurate. I always see SoCal construction workers with what used to be jesters (or whatever other 90's trash they got) that now look like gelatinous blobs.

cXR - my girlfriend is crazy on the aftercare. she won't work on train riders if they plan on catching out within a few days of the tattoo.

yeah it sucks bc even if a tattoo is well done, if you dont take care of it, it will end up looking crappy. Doesn't do the tattooist/artist any justice at all.

lol@gelatinous blobs-so VERY true

D

Deleted member 125

recently had a customer complain about one of the guys i work with because she took such poor care of her tattoo (kept it wrapped for almost 2 weeks. and it was on her foot, not a pretty picture) and blamed it on bad work. the tattoo was stellar when he bandaged it up for her on the way out, in my experience alot of people are quick to try to rush out the door after paying and aftercare instructions seem to go in one ear, and out the other. we now make sure people know how to take care of their tattoo, and go as far now as to sometimes giving people free dermaklenz (basically aquafor) and detailed easy to read aftercare instructions.

tldr: aftercare isnt hard, yer body does most of the work. but people are generally morons.

vdem1

Reaction score
Website
vdem1.tumblr.com
recently had a customer complain about one of the guys i work with because she took such poor care of her tattoo (kept it wrapped for almost 2 weeks. and it was on her foot, not a pretty picture) and blamed it on bad work. the tattoo was stellar when he bandaged it up for her on the way out, in my experience alot of people are quick to try to rush out the door after paying and aftercare instructions seem to go in one ear, and out the other. we now make sure people know how to take care of their tattoo, and go as far now as to sometimes giving people free dermaklenz (basically aquafor) and detailed easy to read aftercare instructions.

tldr: aftercare isnt hard, yer body does most of the work. but people are generally morons.

she left if wrapped for TWO WEEKS?!?!?!?! what the FUCK. SMFH

we get alot of people asking how soon before they can go tanning and soaking in water. THey tend to get all shitty when we tell them. Like they are expecting within a few days. then they question HOW much damage it will have on the tattoo. are you fucking serious hahahahaah.

I had a lady come in for her eyebrows. I did a great fucking job and she came back two weeks later and they looked faded as fuck. she was asking why that happeend and i just asked her "well what did you do" she then explained that picked at it after using a facial wash. wtf facial scrubs have bleach and picking at it pulls the pigment. She had to dish out another $375 to get them re-done.

thats the issue..people get it work and think "well its permanent so i dont have to do shit with it now" uuuggghhh

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads