Taos, NM

CluelessHero

Reaction score
I just recently passed through this wonderful town for the first time, and I recommend it for any travelers who are looking to go somewhere that doesn't frown upon travelers, or homeless.
It is a town right by a ton of mountains and it snows a lot during this time of year, it is also a ski resort town.
there is actually a group of people who stay there mostly during the summer and spring known as "the rainbow people", they are just a bunch of nomads and travelers who meet in this town to camp, have fun, and spread the peace. There are usually some 2,000 rainbow people in Taos during the summer and spring. And the gatherings are called "rainbow gatherings"
If you are near, this would be a good place for you, it is still a decent place to be even in the winter.
Safe travels to all !

Attachments

• kob_CrowdscitationsandconcernscomewithannualRainbowGatheringsyndImport112511.jpg
    kob_CrowdscitationsandconcernscomewithannualRainbowGatheringsyndImport112511.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 97
  • 640px-Rainbow_Gathering_trader_circle.jpg
    640px-Rainbow_Gathering_trader_circle.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: Coywolf

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I just recently passed through this wonderful town for the first time, and I recommend it for any travelers who are looking to go somewhere that doesn't frown upon travelers, or homeless.
It is a town right by a ton of mountains and it snows a lot during this time of year, it is also a ski resort town.
there is actually a group of people who stay there mostly during the summer and spring known as "the rainbow people", they are just a bunch of nomads and travelers who meet in this town to camp, have fun, and spread the peace. There are usually some 2,000 rainbow people in Taos during the summer and spring. And the gatherings are called "rainbow gatherings"
If you are near, this would be a good place for you, it is still a decent place to be even in the winter.
Safe travels to all !

468.jpg_large.jpg

Kidding aside, ya most of us are familiar with the rainbow family folks. It's a mixed bag, depending on who you run into.

Taos is awesome. That whole part of Northern NM is awesome, honestly. Earthships, a bunch of sustainable communities. I haven't been there in quite a while, but was seriously looking at buying land down there for a bit. Too expensive now. Santa Fe is pretty gentrified and weird now, but I would still recommend it. Lots of camping, and the RailRunner train gets you to and from Belen, which is a major train yard on the BNSF Transcon. Great little stop.

Last edited:

CluelessHero

Reaction score
View attachment 69421

Kidding aside, ya most of us are familiar with the rainbow family folks. It's a mixed bag, depending on who you run into.

Taos is awesome. That whole part of Northern NM is awesome, honestly. Earthships, a bunch of sustainable communities. I haven't been there in quite a while, but was seriously looking at buying land down there for a bit. Too expensive now. Santa Fe is pretty gentrified and weird now, but I would still recommend it. Lots of camping, and the RailRunner train gets you to and from Belen, which is a major train yard on the BNSF Tranacon. Great little stop.

haha, wasn't sure if anyone here had heard of them.

Reactions: Coywolf

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads