Tampa to Raleigh, pt 2

xRastaxRuggzx

Reaction score
Earlier I had discussed how I was traveling to North Carolina from Tampa and caught a ride to Ormond Beach. playing guitar baked at the beach is one of my favorite things to do and I was hopeing to get a chance to busk at daytona beach. The storm came in to town as I was at the walmart in south daytona and i walked to the interstate. On my way, I passed the shell station right before the sign that says "towards jacksonville", I decided to go in to dry off for a bit, and as I walked up to the store, three different cars stopped me and offered me money and another had a bag of oreos. I enjoyed this brief bit of kindness as I hung out under the bridge on I95 finishing my food and worrying about the wetness of my feet. I was out under the bridge that night, still soaking, and the next morning, which was a friday, I started walking towards the next exit in the rain and tried hitching. A sux eventually stops and I run up to it. As I get in I notice that the passender in the middle row was Ed, a hitchhiker I had met in Tampa, and sure enough his girlfriend, Sara was in the back row with two other people squeezed in with packs. Ed and Sara had caught a ride with their friends to go to the Harvest of Hope festival.... more later.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
awe damn... that musta been a crazy awesome feeling to have some people pull over and then find out it's a few hitch hikers you'd previously met earlier on the road. good shit man.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads